2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2012 12:51 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Betaremotes was good, why not taking it online again?

mbordoni Newbie

In the past I made my Slingbox PRO toe dlearn my remotes an I saved them in lrz files.

Last week I had to reset my Singbox and then I discovered that betaremotes no longer works.

My lrz files are useless, my Slingbox the same since I cannot send commands to my appliances when I'm away from home.

Can you take it online again as an unsupported service?

Could you provide a tool to convert my lrz files into bin files to be put in SBAV directory?

Please find a way to configure web and mobile client too since without remote emulation are useless (a partnership with logiech so you can use the huge Harmony database?).

Instead of shutdowning betaremotes and then thinking something better isn't it better to propose a new solution for remote learning before?

Thanks in advance

Michele

• Re: Betaremotes was good, why not taking it online again?
          alanrichey42 Master
          Last week I had to reset my Singbox and then I discovered that betaremotes no longer works.

Minor point, but is has been out of beta for some time, and is now http://remotes.slingbox.com.  But that has been taken offline as well.

Can you take it online again as an unsupported service?

It wouldn't help, as the problem was preventing it being used.  We will have to wait until it is fixed.

Could you provide a tool to convert my lrz files into bin files to be put in SBAV directory?

I can do that, but unfortunately you have to use the site to do the conversion

Please find a way to configure web and mobile client too since without remote emulation are useless (a partnership with logiech so you can use the huge Harmony database?).

Not relevant.   The remote, whether created by the site or using a BIN file, is actually downloaded to the Slingbox itself. After that, ANY viewing system (Slingplayer, SlingCatcher, WebSlingPlayer, SlingPlayer Mobile,.,,) will use that remote.

Instead of shutdowning betaremotes and then thinking something better isn't it better to propose a new solution for remote learning before?

I agree.    But if you tell me your device manufacturer and Model Number I can try and build you a set of BIN files.

Al