11 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2012 3:00 AM by sbar110 RSS

iPad cannot connect to HD Stream.

kskajohnson

It seems to be an issue that I've read on here today but I wanted to make another post to bring more attention to it as it clearly needs addressed. 

Since I've updated my iPad with the latest software,  I can't watch programming in HD on my iPad.  I can watch it in SD just fine but when I try to start up HD picture it just fails to connect and/or loads EXTREMELY slow/sluggish.  Why?

I've tested the app on my phone as well as watching through my laptop and desktop computers and they all work just fine with no problem at all so clearly its an iPad issue.  When will this be fixed?

I'm running Fios 35/35 so I shouldn't be having issues with this.

• Re: iPad cannot connect to HD Stream.
          jordan.sling Newbie

Hello kskajohnson,

We are sorry you are having problems streaming you video in high definition from your iPad.

Here is a great artical that will answer your question. The article name is Troubleshooting SlingPlayer for iPad video issues.

Hope this helps,

Sling Moderation Team

esliwinski Newbie

This reply is slightly insulting.  This is a real problem and the original poster clearly did more troubleshooting than your reply instructs him to do.

OP, I have the same issue.  iPad 2 on iOS6, no HD.  iPhone 4 on iOS5, HD.

sbar110 Newbie

Last week i purchased a new Slingbox HD along with upgrading my iPad application from the standard iPhone to iPad version (at an additional $30).  All was working well until today........when I was no longer able to select the quality of my picture; I now can only received SQ and and dont have the option to switch to auto or HD.

i called Slingbox support twice, and they are totally clueless, and just blame it on IOS6.  There is no knowledge of why it stopped working, what the issue is, and ETA to resolve.  they said it seems to be a common problem w/many users on IOS6, but cannot explain why it worked for over a week on my iPad w/IOS6 installed?!?

FYI - i have owned a Slingbox since they 1st hit the market, and consider myself fairly tech saavy, and don't quite understand what has changed, and how it will get resolved.

Am i the only one with these issues?

Message was edited by: sbar110

arrowatty

I am having exactly the same proble. Before updating to IOS6, I was able to set the quality on my iPad Slingbox app to Auto, and almost always had HD quality. After uploading IOS6, I can only set it to SQ. Add it to the list of problems with IOS6, like the fact that it removed YouTube and Google Maps an, in my case, wiped out my calendars.

Have you checked with Apple?

sbar110 Newbie

No haven’t checked w/Apple yet…..had another call w/Sling this afternoon and the tech supervisor told me that they were aware of the issue, and that it has something to do w/an internal relay issue (and not necessarily tied to IOS6).  He told me that they were diligently working the issue, and it should be resolved soon…

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, by you is strictly prohibited.

v.E.1

arrowatty

I think that it's tied to IOS6. Too much of a coincidence that both of us experienced the problem just after we upgraded to IOS6.

I have a call scheduled with Apple in 3 hours. I'll keep you posted.

sbar110 Newbie

Agreed….but the question is, how long will it take for a fix?  Just purchased the $249 HD Pro & the $30 iPad app last week….didn’t spend all that money for an SD app!

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, by you is strictly prohibited.

v.E.1

jp65

I thought it was related to iOS6 but my original iPad running iOS5 has the same problem.

hightower Newbie

Same problem here with the iPhone app and iPad app.  Both running IOS 5.1.1.  I can NOT select HD or AUTO anymore.  This is not just an iOS 6 problem.  Also the Airplay option is missing, which was working yesterday just fine on the iPad.

I started the iPad app last night and sent the video to an AppleTV.  All worked until 10am CST Sept 27, 2012.  At that time the video started getting choppy and I had to reset/reopen the app and restart it.  After a few resets of the app, the AirPlay vanished, then the HQ and Auto modes are not selectable.

Why does SlingBox even have these forums?  They want their customer base to support other users who have problems and issues.  The Reply from the forum owners here is pathetic and insulting.  All slingbox needs to do is connect to someones singbox via an iPad or iPhone to instantly see there is a HUGE problem.  Their lack of communication and honesty is horrible.  People ask me all the time about my SlingBox.  I tell them NOT to buy one as their customer service is garbage, and they could care less about their customers.

All its going to take is some competition for SlingBox and maybe they will get their act together.

SlingBox gets a F- (First slingbox HD broke after a month, now iOS apps no longer work)

This is UNACCEPTABLE, call their 800 number and complain.  Thats the only way they may look into the problem.

sbar110 Newbie

Very interesting….when I spoke to Sling support late yesterday, they informed me that it was a coincidence that the issues coincided w/the IOS6 update.  He mentioned something about a  relay issue?!?

v.E.1