76 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2014 9:37 AM by elkayef Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Slingbox has stopped working

mfschurman

I installed my Slingbox Pro HD in early January and it has worked fine until Monday of this week.  I get a connection error when I try to access the slingbox from any computer.  I checked the slingbox and the lights were off.  I unplugged the unit and plugged it back in and the power light comes on breifly and then fades and goes out.  I went through all of the troubleshooting steps I saw in a previous post but it did not fix the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

• Re: Slingbox has stopped working
          ACC179615

My slingbox pro hd is doing the exact same thing.  If you hear anything let me know.

Jeremylanes

My Slingbox Pro HD has been installed since December and did the same thing on Monday of this week.  This makes me wonder if there was some kind of update sent out that may have caused a problem?

elkayef

Same Issue here.

Have had slingbox pro hd replaced twice in last couple of years. Same nonsense story with the power supply leading eventually to replacement of entire unit after going through a waste of time 'troubleshooting' session.

Currently box is showing offline. Red horseshoe is lit solidly. Box will not hard reset

Call to slingbox requires payment of 29.95 with no guarantee of success.

This company is quite frustrating. They do not stand properly behind their products--which are glitchy.

Am not willing to buy yet another one based upon the experiences I have had with them.  I am going to see if I can get Amazon to take it back at this late date.  A shame since they have a great idea.  Just needs to be in the hands of a more responsible group.

Apprentice

Hi mfschurman and all,

I encourage you to give us a call. We will apply some troubleshooting steps in order to determine the root cause for this unexpected behavior. If a replacement is needed, we'll ship it out at no cost to you.

The contact phone number is 877.GO.SLING (877.467.5464) for the US and Canada. For other areas:

Contact Sling Media

Regards,

Sling Support

trachyte

My Pro HD has 'froze' as well.  I tried logging in remotely and got an error message that I never got before.  I've been using this box without issue for 2+ years.  It basically states that my slingbox isn't connected to the internet.  When I got home, the power light was on but not the network light.  I unplugged the slingbox and plugged it back in.  Now the power light still comes on, no network light, and the upside down 'U' that shows when it is streaming is on steadily, but when I login on any slingplayer it still tells me the same error message.  I've swapped ethernet cables, they both are working fine.  I've even tried pushing and holding the reset button on the back of the slingbox but nothing happens.  Is this similar to what you all are experiencing?  How can a faulty power adapter cause this many issues at the same time with different units?   

patsfans

I, too, have lost power to my slingbox.  I unplugged the power supply from the back of the unit then plugged it in again.  It worked for 7 seconds then faded out.  I did this 4 times.  On the fifth time, there was no power at all.

I tried calling the 800 number, but no one was there to talk to and no business hours were offered on the recording...

medline12

our box stopped working this week on `monday.  We are in Amsterdam and really liked your product but, no we have no TV to watch.

`how can i get a new unit sent to my home in the U.S. so that i can get someone in to trade it out`?  WE HAVE HAD PEOPLE GO IN AND DO WHAT YOU HAVE SUGGESTED ON THESE WEB SITES TO NO LUCK.  OUR UNIT JUST TELLS US ON THIS END IN THE `NETHERLANDS THAT IT IS NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET WHEN IN FACT EVERYTHING ELSE AT OUR HOME IN THE `US IS WORKING THROUGH OUR INTERNET.

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP US.?

THANKS ANN

AKSTRUVE@GMAIL.COM

trachyte

Oh, one more thing.  I've been using a pass through configuration with component cables: cable box-slingbox-tv.  The video still passes through to the tv but not the audio.

danielmirisola

i hooked mien up December 31 and did the same thing monday whats up?

danielmirisola

i checked my power adapter and its good. its as if there is no power.

jlx1

Mine stopped as well.  It has the same issues.  I have rebooted it and reset it several times since Monday.  The box has worked fine since I installed it. Has anyone found an answer?

I just got off the cat with Customer Service.  The agent tells me that they have had a problem with the power cord and he recommanded getting a new one.  I ordered a new one that should arrive in 3-5 days.

Epsche

My Slingbox Pro HD has stopped working as well. Unit powers up and then shuts off after a few seconds. Tried everything listed on this site and nothing worked. Box was working fine until about a week ago. Any help would be appreciated.

ACC179615

I spoke with Slingbox customer support and we are going throught the standard troubleshooting stuff.  They are sending me a new power adapter.  Which i dont think will fix it.  Its very odd that everyone is having the same problem at the same time.

*** Edited to observe Slingbox Answers Forum House Rules by Moderator. ***

trachyte

I had all the same symptoms as everyone on here.  Some one on another thread referenced buying this new adapter: "SLINGBOX PRO-HD SB300-100 5V AC/DC Adapter Wall Charger Power Supply Replacement" from eBay seller/store "CEGREATDEALS" -- $9.54.  I just got it.  Plugged in the box and it started right up working with no problem.  Laptop or slingplayer mobile on my iphone.  I figured $10 was well worth it.

CBFree

Someone on another thread received their replacement power cord recently and soon after he plugged it in, the Sling Box emitted a burning smell. They are sending him a new unit. So what happens if these 'new' units has the same issues? My replacement power cord is being delivered tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

slosborne

I am having the same problem.  I have tried to unplug and replug...after about ten seconds the power goes out.  Any solutions?!

ACC179615

I too just received my replacement power adapter for the issues ive had as previously posted. I plugged the new power supply to the PRO HD and the same thing happens with the lights.  Except a new issue is the smoke that rolled out of the bottom of the slingbox with that all too familiar burning electronics smell.  Ive had my slingbox pro hd for 3 months.  

Epsche

I returned my box to Best Buy and picked up a new one. My original box worked for three months exactly. If the new box does the same, I will be requesting a refund.

siramant

This happened to me too as CBFree refers to my other posts on this.

My new SlingBox is supposed to arrive tomorrow but something is going on here...

I will keep you all posted as to how the new SlingBox works.

CBFree

What kills me the most is this. When I first received the replacement power adapter, I took a good look at it as soon as I opened the box and wouldn't you know it, they sent me  the same brand power adapter that came with the Pro-HD in the first place. What were they expecting? The very least send a different brand power adapter if they felt that it was the power cord. All I can say is I am givinig them this last shot. I asked for a new Pro-HD to be sent to me. They asked for my credit card where they will hold $99 dollars on it. They said they will not charge the card unless they do not receive my defective unit. Anyway, I will wait patiently (again) for my new SlingBox Pro-HD and if it fails. I will pursue other means to get my refund. All of my refund.

Listen, I like Sling Media products like everyone else, but business is business. Do the right thing!

polisax

I am having the same problem. I have two hd-pro. one for about two years, the other for about a year.  both were working (one in california and the other in new york) until about a week ago when each gives me a message indicating that my slingbox is not connected to the internet...blah blah.

It seems incredible to me that this could be a power supply issue as the units are of different ages, have worked continuously for at least a year and suddenly stop this week -- probably on monday plus or minus a day.  I have tried both on three different silingplayer platforms with the same result. 

so I would like to hear an answer -- a thought out answer -- from Slingbox.  This really is your responsibility and you ought not to be passing it off as something about a power adapter....

Expert

Understood - our apologies for the frustration. We stand by our products, and we want to help out. If any Slingbox users are having power issues of any kind, simply call us! The agents may have you perform some basic troubleshooting steps on the phone, but if it's determined you have a Slingbox or PSU that needs to be replaced, we'll replace it.

If you're in the US or Canada, the correct number to call is 877.GO.SLING (877.467.5464). For other geos, just use this page to find the correct contact info:

Contact Sling Media

Best,

The Sling Support Team

jlx1

Donna,

I just went through this process.  The customer service people were very nice, professional and knowledgeable.  I had a great customer service experience and it did not take a long time on the  phone or on the chat.  The new box should arrive in a couple of days.  That was great because my box is still under warrantee.  What would have happened if the warrantee had expired?  I would have had to buy a new box? A product should last more than 3 months!

I will have to say, this is VERY disconcerting... a two month old unit and a VERY large number of customers reporting problems like this after 2-3 months of use???  I'm afraid this is going to get very costly for your company if you don't take it a bit more seriously. I've worked with companies on product liability risk assessment and mitigation. My advice is to get serious and recall these units asap.

I had intended to purchase a second one for another location, but that's not going to happen until 1) this unit works properly and 2) the problem is explained and positively proven to be fixed.

Expert

Hi - I understand your frustration, but don't want you to feel anything less than 100% confidence in the product. To that end, if you are still having difficulty with your Slingbox power, please call us. The contact number is in the post above. We want to help.

How many "power supply" failures can there be in 3 days!!! Mine is doing the same thing...

kzrinski

Exact same thing happened to me today.  Stays on for about 10 seconds, then goes off.  Frustrating.  Bought mine in mid-February, lasted 2 1/2 months.

jlx1

I have been having the same problem.  I contacted the support team and they told me that the issue was with the power cord.  Some of the power cords are defective.  They sent me a new one which arrived yesterday.  I replaced the old cord with the new one I just received and the results are the same.  The power goes out after a few seconds.  Has anyone with the same problem found the solution yet?  I see many postings of similar problems!

Bandcock77

Same thing here. Purchased at the end of February. No connection last Monday and power was out. Received the new power supply. Same results with the added burning smell. Talked with them Friday and a replacement is supposed to be on the way. I have not gotten an update yet as to when.

Cogf16

I just spoke to Sling support.  Initially they wanted to charge me $29.99 for support but I read her the 30 april post by "Dana" that was signed "The Sling Support team" This post says ANY customer having issues should call us and will be helped FREE OF CHARGE.  She came back after putting me on hold and now is sending me the dreaded new power supply!  she said if that doesn't work, they will send me a new Pro HD.  Hope the cord woks but know I will get a replacement if not.  Oh and my box is 3 or 4 years old!  Nice to hear they are standing behind the product.  Well done Sling

Mark

255909762781489

Slingbox support has been very good on this issue- with us - at least.

It seems this problem is related to POWER and those involved have either a bad power adapter only, or a bad power adapter AND bad box. I honestly think the former causes the latter.... that is, when the bad adapter decides to give up the ghost, it damages the power capacitors, or other elements of the power supply circuitry in the box.

We have a conditioned power source on the equipment in that area, so we know the adapter is being fed clean stable power.

Customer support will seek to correct the problem by sending a new power adapter. That will help group 1. But group 2, of which we were a part, will have to go through CS again and get a box replacement.

A new box is enroute to us. We truly hope this problem has been corrected.

greenrhyno

Same issue here, Slingbox stopped working last week, they sent me a power supply. New Power Supply did not fix the issue. There is a burning smell coming from the slingbox when I plug in the power supply, and the lights only stay on a few seconds. They are sending me a new slingbox and putting a hold on my credit card until I send back the old one. Kind of annoying this happened in the NBA playoffs.

They offered a 2 year extended warranty for $50 which I will think about if a new slingbox model doesn't come out soon.

I do think it is weird everyones boxes got fried on about the same day. Maybe the Mayans were right!

redbirds303

I had the same thing happen.  After about 2 months my HD PRO stopped working, powered itself off  I unpugged the power, replugged it back in and it would power on for about 10 - 15 seconds then die again.  I contacted support and they told me it was the power supply and shipped me out a new one.  When it arrived I plugged in the new power supply same thing, did not fix the problem.  Contacted support again and they shipped me a new (refurbished) unit.  That one has been working for about a week now, will see how it goes.  Hopefully this resolves the issue.  So far support has been helpful and easy to work with on this issue.

xavier0065

I have had my PRO HD for the last 3 years, then with in the last two weeks it goes Tango Uniform.... anyone have any luck with the "new" power adapter? Seems fishy that eveyone would have the same issue within a week no matter how long they have had their Slingbox and it boils down to the power adapter.

They are sending a new adapter, just wondering if it has worked for anyone?

RolandRock

Mine stopped working as well as it keeps telling me that I have no internet connection which is a bunch of croc! It stopped working about the same time everyone else had did but seems fishy that so many of us have had ours fail. Sad part in my case is that mine is over 2yrs old!!! Anybody else figure out what's causing the "No Internet Connection" bull? I doubt mine is the power adaptor!

greenrhyno

I got my new box today and it works fine. I set it up with the new adaptor that they had sent me.

I am considering getting the extended warranty for $50 just to ensure against future failures for a longer time, but I'm gonna wait a few months to see if a new model starts to get rumored.

I think even if your box is older, they may still send you an adapter and replacement box if needed. It is worth a try. It seems to me they must know what happened behind the scenes and are trying to placate the masses by replacing the slingboxes quickly and easily. My guess is its something on the circuit board and they just take the broken ones, open them up, change out the resistors/capacitors or whatever then send out the fixed ones to whoever elses broke.

Just call and tell them what happened, they'll send you a power adapter and then if that doesn't fix things they'll send another box.

Good Luck!

chakkarinen Apprentice

The power supply adaptor must be able to reliably deliver 4 amps of current (at the nominal 5 volts DC) for the SB-HD box to work reliably.   A box that shut down after 10-15 seconds of operation is a clear sign that the proper current and voltage are not being delivered.   And 4 amps is a pretty significant amount of current to be delivered -- more than the current used by my Tivo, DVD player, and AM/FM radio receiver combined. So any manufacturing shortcomings in the power supply adaptor can lead to a less-than-4-amps delivery from the adaptor, with subsequent failure (sooner or later) of the SB-HD.

It might have been a better design plan for the SB to have a built-in transformer/rectifier to convert a standard input line voltage of 110/220 V AC to the necessary 5 V DC for the SB's internal components.   BUT, this transformer would increase both the weight and the generated heat in the SB, and my SB (and perhaps yours as well?) already runs quite "hot", so cooling the internal components of the SB would become an issue, requiring fans, with the associated fan noise, etc.

Davpenncpa

Have the same problem. Totally dead. Started about 2 weeks ago.

Called tech suport on April 29 and was told a new unit would be shipped out to me. (took my credit card details etc). May 8 still hadn't received the unit. Called up for a status update and was told my shipping address wasn't confirmed. It would have been nice if they would let me know, instead of me having to call up to see where the product was. As it was their fault, I asked for the unit to be shipped overnight at their expense. Not a chance. Even a manager wouldn't agree.  Took my credit card details down again. It is now the 13th and I still don't have my replacement product. Excellent service. Can't wait to see what is next.

hr5andover

looks like i have the same problem.    box was installed in Dec and just stopped dead yesterday.   no power.   not sure if its the box or the adapter.    do i now go thru the process of calling customer svc and getting a new adapter? 

255909762781489

Yes, go through the customer service number indicated elsewhere in this thread. They will send you a new adapter. If that doesn't work, you will need to call them back and they will send another box and you will need to send back the defective one. The CS folks do all they can to help.

Of course, the problem hasn't been acknowledged by the company anywhere I have seen. We are also not purchasing another box until we know what caused this failure and know for sure its fixed. Considering the use of this product, many users will be caught away from the installation location when the failure happens.

While ours did not work with the second power supply, apparently that does fix the issue with some owners. We bought a new power supply when we heard about the failures... didn't work for us however.

Miketgolf

Mine went down Friday While i was in Maine no TV all weekend. When I got back I noticed I had the dreaded Power issue. The power light will stay on for about 30 seconds (as well as the network light) then will power down. If I try to use the slingbox it will power down. Called Slingbox support new adapter is on the way In the mean time I will tell friends of mine to hold off on buying a Slingbox until I see if the issue is resolved

Matt.Sling Apprentice

Hello Miketgolf and all,

I'm very sorry that some of you are having issues with your Slingbox. If you are having any power issues, please call us.

You can reach us at 877.GO.SLING. Our contact page lists all the ways to get in touch with us if you are outside of the US or Canada.

If a replacement is needed we will ship it out at no cost to you.

Thanks,

Matt

richiek8

My sling box pro had did the same thing Monday . I tried plugging it into different outlets as customer support told me but still no power. Even tried the power cord from my original sling box but still nothing. If I unplug it and rep lug it in the power lights come on for a few seconds than fade out. Customer support says it is a power supply and are sending me a new one.  It can't be the power supply , why would everybody have the same problem on the same day obviously they don't know what is going on I guarantee the new power supply won't fix anything. By the way my power supply that came with unit is v-infinity. It makes no sense that everybody's power supply fails on the same day.

Dan73s

I lost power on my Pro HD on Sun Night. Called the support number listed in this forum and they're sending a new power cable. My power cable was a V-Infinity. Hope this fixes the problem-hate to think all these Slingbox units are bad!

chaf00

Sir,

I am having the same problem. My Slingbox Pro is just off. I just unplugging it and letting it sit for an hour and then plugging it in again, but no luck! I just checked it today. Was there an update? I just got this thing last December.

-Chris

petejones1

Is this really only HD-pro issue? My classic last night 5/15 no lights on unit and "weak" internet signal msg.  Years of reliable service it dies same message as all these posts and best option they will give me is $99 refurb replacement?

regards, Pete

chakkarinen Apprentice

It could well be the power supply.   I don't own a Solo, but if they are using 4 amps of current like the SB-HDs, then a power supply that is marginally able to deliver that much current could well fail over time -- many sooner than later.   I have purchased backup power supply for my SB-HD from BGmicro.com, just in case.

Miketgolf

Got the new adapter. Did not solve the problem no surprise! They are sending a new unit which is what they should have done in the first place. I'll keep you posted.

windcat

unfortunately, I have the same problem.

At first I thougnt SlingBox is crash, so I do the hardware reset.

But light is random flash, after several time re-try the hardware reset is work.

And SlingBox seems fine, but it stop working again after I wake-up next day.

So I guess my power suppler is broke, and I borrow my classmate's SB300 power supply to test on another day.

Well, it works.

So I buy a new power suppler on SlingBox web site. (Order confirmation for order #10214421826)

Bad new is, the SlingBox stoped working again yesterday?! (Still using my classmate's offical power supply)

Is it SlingBox hardware issue, or temperature too high, or other?

Please help me!!

PS1. Now, if I execute hardware restart and re-plug power supply, sometimes power light will flash several second. But normally SlingBox will not get any response.(light)

PS2. I saw above offical feedback, that SlingBox will provide free replacement? So Is Slingbox return my Order payment?

PS3. Device and I stay in Taiwan now, if we need to replace device, how it happen and cost?

ceodice

Wow all these units stopped working around the same time. I also had the power problem to my HDPro. I called Support and they were very helpful. they understand that they have a problem and based on my serial number, they are sending me out a new box. Lets hope for the best and hopefully I wont be back on here in 3 months.

Bohning

So far nothing has worked for me and I'm starting to have my doubts that anything will.

I purchased my Slingbox in November 2011. It worked great up until about May 5th/6th when the power light shut off and would not come back on. I called CS and they told me they would send me a new/different power cord. Six days later it arrived. This did not fix the problem. So I called CS again and let them know there was no power at all. They sent me a new (refurbished I am sure) Slingbox about five days later.

I plugged in my newly received Slingbox and the power light and network light came on (Success!!!......or NOT). I ran through the Slingbox setup multiple times and all I received was a very weak black/white signal or no video signal at all. Not to mention that only about 1/4 of my cable channels were actually being detected (all black/white).

Again, I called CS and went through about an hour and a half of troubleshooting while being asked all these stupid, redundant questions. "Did you plug in your cables correctly? Did you try different cables? Are the lights on? Can I access your computer to help troubleshoot?" So I politely obliged. Finally, when there was nothing left to do they told me they would send me ANOTHER "new" Slingbox.

I asked them to ask their manager to expedite the shipping since this will now be the 3rd shipment within 3 weeks. Even the manager refused. I was given the option of paying over $10 for faster shipping, but I will not put any more money toward this until my problem is solved. You would think if you pay over $250 for something that it should work for longer than 3-6 months!

I'll be patiently waiting for my 2nd "new" Slingbox, but I fully expect to make another long phone call to CS. I will demand a refund if this new one still does not work.

jayref10

I went to view my slingbox today and noticed it isn't working either. The power and slingbox lights blink very dimly. The last time I used it was about 3 weeks ago and it worked fine. I unplugged and replugged the unit several times and no luck. I am going away in a few weeks and really need it to work. On the phone with slingbox support, they seem helpful so far. We've tried everything and nothing is working. Even holding the reset button down does nothing. I hope we can resolve this, but it sounds like from what I read a new box is in order.

richiek8

They sent me a new power supply but as expected it didnt fix anything .  They were pretty good about it and are sending me a new unit which should arrive tomorrow.  (my slingbox pro-hd was only 1 month old ) .  I hope this will resolve the problem and we wont have any more issues. I had the original slingbox for many years without any problems only upgraded to pro-hd version for my ipad 3.  I am kind of disappointed that after spending $300 the box fails after 1 month .  Not great quality control.

mw70

Add me to the "Slingbox PRO-HD, no power" victims list.   $290+ for 3 months of operation, so far.

They told me today that another power supply will be sent.  I had another supply here that will source 5 amps (with same polarity plug) and the problem is the same - power light goes out after around 15 sec.    I called back to volunteer that info (trying to expidite my remedy) and they said my warantee would be voided if another power supply was tried - i hope thats not the case..   I will have to call back in a couple weeks to say whether their new power supply will remedy this problem.  Of course, i can reasonably expect it wont, so will have to suffer a delay in getting a replacement.   The delay will be longer if i dont act as soon as the replacement power supply arrives at my door.  .

Can someone who recieved a new box say whether it is working well for them, or not?  Not sure if we get reply notifications to our email, so can someone be so kind as to also copy the reply here to my email as well....

kor73@earthlink.net

Thanks much.   Good luck everyone.

CBFree

Allow me to enlighten you. There is no 'new' slingbox. The replacement is a refurbished or recertified model. I am currently about to hook up my third, yes third replacement slingbox. The original one I purchased in January fell victim to the power issue. The first replacement had issues where after a while the on screen remote would disappear. When I tried to reset it, I got a message that said 'this sllingbox is not made to work in the USA'. The next slingbox replacement wouldn't even connect to the internet (no network light, flashing or otherwise). So, I am currently working on number three and keeping my fingers crossed. The only positive thing so far is they give you expedited shipping.

donwil11

Us too!!! Did we all buy these at the same time? Jan 12?

beckifields Novice

Hello donwil11,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Forums.

We hope you've contacted us since you posted this, but on the off-chance that you're still having a problem - just call us! We want to help.

US and Canada customers, call 1.877.GO.SLING.

Be sure to note the manufacturer of the Slingbox AC power supply (the wall adapter) when you contact our support agents - it will say either "Ktec" or "V-INFINITY". Having that information in advance will help us serve you better.

Thanks,

The Slingbox Moderation Team

mddogpilot

Bought mine last December.  Both lights on front of Solo won't come on.  Ktec transformer.

shaysfn Novice

Hi Mddogpilot,

Thanks for using our Answers Forum.  Please give Slingbox a call at 877-GoSling(877-467-5464) we can definitely take care of this for you.  Just let us know that it is a  Ktec power supply when you call, you will also want to let us know the serial number from the bottom of your Slingbox.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Sling Moderation Team.

morangio

Having the same problem, power light comes on for about 10 seconds then fades out. V Infinity power cord.

shaysfn Novice

Hi Morangio,

Thanks for using our Answers Forum.  We absolutely want to take care of this issue for you.  Please call us at 877-GoSling(877-467-5464) for US & Canada.  Provide the answering agent with the name of your power supply and your serial number from the bottom of your Slingbox and we will take care of this for you.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Sling Moderation Team

Miketgolf

So far my replacement is working fine. Its been about 2 weeks

polisax

changing the power supply on my california slingbox (hd pro -- about two years old) has worked for a month while I traveled in China and Europe and was able to watch the SF Giants games and the Daily Show.  I will check my NY slingbox in a few weeks -- fingers crossed.

so I have not yet had to swap the slingbox itself.  good luck to everyone but the power supply made the difference in my case.... so far.

pasijukka

So it seems the problem has been there since day one.  I have a legacy Slingbox Pro and it stopped working after 3 months as well!!!  That time there was no forum like this available and I only found some similar experiences by googling for the problem.  I could not find any solution at that time and did not go try buying a new power adaptor either.  Now I started checking again if I can still have it fixed and found this long chain of complaints here.  Good stuff Sling media!!  However there is only instructions for the US and Canadian customers here as far as I have seen.  What shall I do for the problem in Finland then? I went to the store where I brought it from and they told me nothing but go back home.  No service available in Finland!  They did not even tell me who is the importer, nothing! I really hope to get my slingbox working again.  It's been useless for 2 years already, and if it is really only the PSU then I cannot be more disappointed.

So please tell me what to do?

Epsche

An update to my Slingbox problems. My first Slingbox Pro stopped working after 3 months, around the same time as many others following this forum. Acquired replacement from Best Buy (luckily I paid extra for the extended warranty). Replacement worked for 3 months and has stopped working. I still have approximately 30 months of warranty remaining and will try once more. If the next box goes belly up, I will ask for refund instead of replacement.

What a shame, it seems like such a good idea that just can't get implemented as advertised.

pasijukka

I ordered new PSU from Slingmedia webstore and my slingbox started to work.  Now I just hope that it will last more than 3 months.  I just don't understand how can it be so difficult to find a proper PSU supplier to get the problem solved for good.

ericanddel

Bought my SlingPro-HD over 2 1/2 years  old  and have had no probems until now.  "NO  POWER"   My power adapter is from "Sunny"  Model # SYS1298-1506-W2.  I called SB and they wouldn't even talk to me because i'm not under warranty.  And I've read all of the above replys and most of you have new ones (< than a yr old).  This does make sense to me.   Are there any older slingpro's having problems with 'no power' too?  Mine worked a couple of weeks ago.  I've checked for lose wiring and different outlet sources.  Nothing seems to work.  HELP!!!

Del

SlingMediaSlingbox Model #SB200-100

AC Adapter (100-240V 50-60Hz)

Expert

Hey ericanddel - you have a Slingbox PRO (not a PRO-HD), FYI.

So, out of the 1-year warranty, our agents do charge a small fee to help troubleshoot over the phone, but if they find out that it is an issue directly related to a failed PSU, they will refund that fee and replace your power supply at no charge to you.

Sounds fair, right?