1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 10:40 AM by ranaleon RSS

IMPORTANT QUESTION

Joack9984

Hi Guys

im not user yet but im very interested in the slingbox. but i have a very important question

let s say i put the sling box on my TV in France, and im abroad watching on my computer

if somebody watching TV at the same time as me in FRANCE, does it affect me Watching abroad as well ...?

do we have to see the same program or i can watch one chanel, different than the user in France in front of the TV ...?

than ks a lot for your help

joe

• Re: IMPORTANT QUESTION
          Apprentice

Hi Joack9984,

I understand that you have some questions about the Slingbox and how it works.

According to your current scenario, your best option is the Slingbox PRO-HD. It has an internal tuner that allows you to "split" the TV signal without affecting to the home viewers. The only disadvantage is that when the home viewers watch the signal that comes from the set top box, you will only be able to watch the coaxial signal. This means that you will only get the basic channels signal.

On the other hand, there are also another option: if you get either the Slingbox PRO-HD or the Slingbox SOLO, you can use a "dedicated" set top box to hook it up to your Slingbox. This way, you can get the connection to your Slingbox without affecting any one else. In all case, I recommend you to check the following links in order to get all the information about the Slingbox:

Slingbox PRO-HD General Information

Slingbox SOLO General Information

How does the Slingbox work?

Slingbox PRO-HD FAQ

Hope this helps!

Regards.