5 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2012 9:11 PM by sexybeast21 RSS

Slingbox Directory - someone else's slingbox is showing in my directory

tbelle9898

I am seeing other person's slingbox in my directory. I do not know who this slingbox solo belongs to. How do I stop another slingbox from  showing up in the directory of my slingbox HD?

• Re: Slingbox Directory - someone else's slingbox is showing in my directory
          clarko2000

I have the same issue. Somebody else's Slingbox is showing up in my directory. Can they also see mine? How do I dissociative this box from my account? Can anybody help?

Tanks

slingsmurf Apprentice

Hi folks,

We're currently investigating a handful of similar reports, but we still need a bit more information before we can proceed. Can you please answer the questions below to help us isolate the possible root cause of the issue?

• When was the first time you noticed this issue (approximate date and time, if possible)?
            • Is this issue still happening for you?
            • Have you tried logging in with one of our SlingPlayer Mobile clients?
              • Does the mobile client also log in to a different Sling Account? Is it the same account you see when you sign into Watch on Slingbox.com?

Thanks in advance for your answers. We'll update you when we have more info.

The Sling Support Team

tbelle9898

I have since removed the other slingbox from my directory. I did that the first time as well.

We're currently investigating a handful of similar reports, but we still need a bit more information before we can proceed. Can you please answer the questions below to help us isolate the possible root cause of the issue?

• When was the first time you noticed this issue (approximate date and time, if possible)?
                  • April 5, 2012 - the same date there were issues with accessing via the internet and using Facebook was recommended.
                • Is this issue still happening for you?
                  • Yes, I noticed it again today
                • Have you tried logging in with one of our SlingPlayer Mobile clients?
                  • Yes on the tmobile myTouch 4g - only over wifi - not able to access slingplayer via data connection (posted a thread earlier)
                • Does the mobile client also log in to a different Sling Account?
                  • yes
                • Is it the same account you see when you sign into Watch on Slingbox.com
                  • Yes the android sees the same accounts as shown on slingbox.com
                    slingsmurf Apprentice

Thank you for your follow-up responses, tbelle9898.

We're continuing our investigation into this issue, but we'll need additional details before we can proceed. You and clarko2000 were included on an email sent to a few of the affected customers with some follow-up questions that should help us to better isolate the cause of this issue.

Can you please reply with the answers to those questions when you get a chance?

Thanks!

Sling Media Support Team

sexybeast21

I have the same issue with my Sling solo box. I logged into the sling homepage, and all is fine. When I went to WATCH, the name on the upper right changed to someone elses, and I was connecting to and watching his sling.

I tried everything: logging out and back in, using a different brower, different computer, resetting my browser, etc.

One thing that DID work was installing and using the legacy Sling player client, which can still be downloaded here:

http://support.slingbox.com/go/windows-download-desktop-us

NOTE: I have noticed that a number of the people having this issue are logging in from Asia. I found people in Singapore and Thailand are having this issue. I myself am in Bangkok Thailand.

Please share: What country were you in when you experienced this issue?

I am suspecting the "country of origin" may have something to do with this....