1 Reply Latest reply: May 12, 2012 12:05 PM by ranaleon RSS

Second hand SOLO won't turn on, power light dimly, barely flickers

seaders

Just picked up a second hand Slingbox SOLO and when I got it home and plugged it in, it definitely didn't power on properly and when I checked closely the power light flickered a tiny bit when I plugged it in, or out (one of the times a few seconds after I unplugged).  I'm going to check the power supply to make sure it is outputting the correct amount, but just wanted to ask if others have had similar problems.  I know there's been a few reports of faulty power supplies and a replacement then fixes most of the problems and was wondering if that might be the same for me?

I can still return the thing, but I got it for a good price, from a respectable buy&sell website, from a seller with a good reputation who has offered a refund, claiming that it was perfectly working when he packaged it up for me, so rather than returning it, I'd much prefer to just have it working!

What do ye think?  Should I just return it, or might a replacement power supply fix it all up?

• Re: Second hand SOLO won't turn on, power light dimly, barely flickers
          Apprentice

Hi seaders,

It seems that you are having some issues with your Slingbox SOLO since it does not power on.

The reported symptoms lead us to think that the issue might be related to a faulty power adapter. With this in mind, I recommend you think about two options: first, take the unit back to the store and test it out. This test will allow you to determine if the issue is related to the power adapter or the Slingbox core unit itself.

The second option is to give us a call. We will offer you the available support options according to your Slingbox activation date. Once you get any of the available support options, we will apply the necessary steps in order to verify if you have a faulty power adapter or the Slingbox itself. In any case, the following article will allow you to get the contact information:

Contact Sling Media Technical Support

Hope this helps!

Regards.