1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 16, 2012 3:31 AM by bobg8zwf RSS

two slingbox in one location

chuliu Newbie

I have set up two slingbox pro hd hooked up to two same satellite receivers.

I think I have connected the cable and ir blasters correctly and I am now able to view from internet.

The thing is that I cannot remote control the device properly.

When I remotely control one device, the other will also be controlled.

At first I thought it was the ir blaster on one device incorrectly send signal to the other device, so I asked someone at the site put a paper between the ir balsters.

It won't work,

Then it stroke me that it could be the network problem.  As when I send remote signal from the slingplayer, it was transmitted over the internet to the router at my slingbox location.  Then it was forwarded to the slingbox.  But sinec I have two slingbox pro with the same devices hooked up to them, I suspect the signal could be sent to both slingboxes and then trasnmitted to the two same devices

Could it be the case?

If so, how can I resolve it?

• Re: two slingbox in one location
          bobg8zwf Newbie

Not sure if this will work or not. Change the settings to fixed ip addresses (different one for each box) and set the ports to be different.

I have a slingbox pro and echostar HDS600 at the same location and connected to the same router, I can use them fine, together or separately, but only the sb pro has infra red extender.

Bob