1 Reply Latest reply: May 11, 2012 4:41 PM by ranaleon RSS

Get Video then Fails

thenasaman

I have a PRO-HD, and I'm away from my slingbox.

What happens is, I open up Firefox, the newest version with the newest plugin, and start watching. It starts off somewhat pixelated, goes black, then corrects it, which is normal for me. It usually does that 3 times, then it's in full HD and working normally (usually over a 1-2 minute period). However, once it goes blank for the third time, rather than the image reappearing, the screen goes blank.

I'll close out of full screen, and it says "optimizing" and the kbps goes from the high 2000s rapidly down to 115 and stays there. If I refresh the page, it stays the same. If I close out of the browser, it'll do the exact same thing with the pixelation, working, and then crashing.

I have tried this with Firefox and IE8. This is not an issue with Slingbox for Facebook (on Chrome) or for iPhone. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: Get Video then Fails
          Apprentice

Hi thenasaman,

It seems that you are having some issues with your Slingbox PRO-HD since the video signal drops after a short period of time.

According to the provided information, this issue seems to be related to the connection speed. Keep in mind that the Slingbox PRO-HD has some requirements and they must be met specially if you are streaming a HD signal. I encourage you to contact your current ISP at the remote location and ask them about any possible bandwidth usage restriction, since the connection speed drops dramatically to 115mbps.

I also recommend you to check this article in order to verify that both of the locations (the local area network where the Slingbox is and your current remote location) meet the requirements for the Slingbox PRO-HD:

Tech Specs for the Slingbox PRO-HD

Hope this helps!

Regards.