1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 13, 2012 5:54 PM by chakkarinen RSS

What is the best way to setup 2 PRO-HD boxes on 1 router? Static or Dynamic?

biutesting

What is the best way to setup 2 PRO-HD boxes on 1 router? Static or Dynamic? i have multiple slings I use for work and 1 setup in particular does not allow me to use 2 PRO-HDs together on the same modem and router, I always see the same cablebox on both when they are on, I have to actually unplug one of the boxes and reset the other to view the one I want, and then repeat the steps to view the other one. I am not using static IPs on the router, should I ? is that recommended? I have other setups with a solo and a pro that have never given me a problem. Thanks for the help.....

AL

• Re: What is the best way to setup 2 PRO-HD boxes on 1 router? Static or Dynamic?
          chakkarinen Apprentice

I don't have two SBs attached to one router, but I do have one SB and 3 DVRs attached to one router.   I have programmed all of them to have static IPs, which I believe could help to keep them in full communication, in the event of a power outage or other event that could change their lan IPs when the router rebooted.   I have also forwarded port 5001 on the router to the static IP of the SB, as recommended by Slingbox. So far, everything operates fine.