4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2012 6:44 PM by Pantaydaya RSS

Lost TiVo premiere colored buttons w/ new iPad app version

Morac Newbie

I have a Sling Pro HD.  Since Sling refuses to add the TiVo Premiere to their remote list despite it being out for years, I use the one that was manually created for the Premiere by a third party.  That works great and it used to work with the iPad app.  The 4 colored buttons showed up in the iPad app and I could use them and they worked.

Now after the update, the app displays the TiVo Series 3 remote which doesn't have the 4 colored buttons and there's no way to get to the old remote menus.  Is there some way to get the 4 colored buttons back?  A number of screens can't be accessed without those buttons.

Third party remote skin and codes:

http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/forum/sling-player-remotes/tivo-premiere-remote-code-and-skin-for-slingbox-2/

• Re: Lost TiVo premiere colored buttons w/ new iPad app version
          alanrichey42 Master

I guess I could provide you with a revised BIN file (V1111 forces the Tivo remote without coloured buttons)  that forces the use of the default remote.  Two problems with that:

1.  You would lose the realistic skin we have designed for the PC/Mac.

2.  Sling seem to have forgotten to allow access to Custom buttons on the new iPad remote design (Unless I  am missing something) so although you will regain the colour buttons I would have to map other essential functions (Tivo, Thumns...?) onto the existing buttons.   A bit of a kludge, but feasible I think.

Al

Morac Newbie

Yeah it's the loss of the custom buttons that's the problem. What's really odd, is that the previous version of the iPad app actually added the colored buttons so I didn't have to use the custom button screen. The colored buttons appeared on the same screen that the directional keys appeared.  Now with the remote skin displaying, I lose that and the remote skin really doesn't add anything to the app. 

I'd like the option to go back to the old control mechanism since without the color buttons certain functionality won't work.  It's not detrimental since most functions can now be done via the TiVo app, but it's extremely annoying that Sling broke what was working fine.  The iPhone app still has the colored buttons in the custom remote page, so that's a work around, but it's stupid to have to switch from the iPad to iPhone to control things.

Pantaydaya Newbie

Ditto...but I love the new IPad update though...however when the remote issue is sorted, it's going to be great