6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2012 9:56 AM by idawson21 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

sling box pro turns itself off

prnorris2

My unit is not working, I have unpluged the unit for 30 seconds then plug it back in. The power light (the on on the far right) comes on and the network light blinks for a while then, the upside down "U" comes on for a couple of seconds, then in a few more seconds the unit turns its self off.  This process lasts about 30 seconds. I have tryed this several times, changed network cables. I have tried resetting the unit. Still does not work. One other possible problem that the sound does not appear to be passing through the sling box to the TV, I have a picture but not sound.

• Re: sling box pro turns itself off
          Apprentice

Hi prnorris2,

For this type of power issues that you are experiencing, I recommend trying a new power supply. This could be caused by the Slingbox itself or a faulty power adapter. The best option now is to Contact Technical Support.

Regards

prnorris2

I tried contacting support, I called from work, they said that I had to be by the unit. So I rearranged my schedule so that so that I could call. I called, after about 15 minutes on the phone, with a person I could barely understand; they said that it was my power supply, they would send me one, and I should receive it in 2 to 3 business days. I got an email confirming my call which said that it would take a week for my order. I guess slingsox has a three day work week.  I got the part a week later, per the email, not the tech support. I plugged it in and I had the same problem. whoops it was after 7 so I left work early and called tech support, and after going thru the phone maze, I got thru just before 7pm. After having a great phone connection while talking to a machine, when my call was answered by a real person, there was a bad connection, and was hungup on. I tried to call again but now they were closed. I there I way to fix this problem with out the need to talk to tech support, my experence has not been the best. Or do I just throw out the unit and chalk it up to experence.

prnorris2

I talked to Tech Support today, They are sending me a new unit. I asked if they are getting very many of this type of problem, I was told not many. I told him about the number of responses on this forum, and he was evasive about my comment. I was told that I would receive a new unit in 5 to 7 working days. I hope the shipping time does not double like it did when they send me a new power cord (from 2 to 3 business days to 5 business days).

Thanks for the comments.

prnorris2

I received an email that on that a mailing tag had been produced and that I should receive my unit in 5 to 7 days.This is on the 3rd business day after I was told I should receive th new unit in 5 to 7 business days. While I received this email at a about noon, UPS tracking does not show that the unit was given to UPS for transport. Question, when does the 5 to 7 for delevery start. from the time I called, from the time the lable was created, from the time UPS gets the package, or from the time I stop putting updates on this forum.

idawson21

I have this exact same issue... Is the only way to resolve it through getting a new unit? I have only had this thing for like 4 months. This is very disappointing.