2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2012 7:44 PM by sarpe21 RSS

Mobile and in home network connects, PC internet viewing does not

aburik

My Android Mobile and in home network via my PC are able to connect just fine however my PC internet viewing does not work.  The PC (both web and stand alone applications) find my slingbox but I get stuck on optimizing and 0kbps.  If I send a command via the on screen remote (ie guide or change channel), that actully is sending a signal out to the i r but I can not get any video or audio before it times out.

Here is the error I recieve via the stand alone player:

An error occurred, tell me  more...

• Error: 0x92340011
      • Context: 46
      • Operation:1

The operation failed because it was taking too long to finish.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x92340011.]

SlingPlayer is unable to render the video stream.

The operation has failed.

All firmware is and software is up to date.  I have tried this on multiple PCs and have disabled all firewalls.

I have played around with port forwarding and changing IP addresses now for 2 days with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Re: Mobile and in home network connects, PC internet viewing does not
          Apprentice

Hi aburik,

It seems that you are having some issues with your Slingbox Classic since although it is working at home, you are not able to get the remote connection.

The fact that both of the players show the "Optimizing" and the 0kbps status, means that the issue might be related to some adjustments to apply on your router settings (adjust the MTU settings). With this in mind, I recommend you to check the following thread and follow the recommendations:

How can I watch remote Solo from behind FIOS Actiontec?

Hope this helps!

Regards.

• Re: Mobile and in home network connects, PC internet viewing does not
              sarpe21

Hi

I have a slingbox classic located in Romania. Everything worked fine till one week ago. I am accesing the slingbox from Panama. I have a 5MB download and 2MB upload internet speed. In Romania we have 15MB download and 5MB upload speed. So the problem is that I cannot access my slingbox anymore. It always comes up this message "We detected very poor Internet connectivity or a  loss of Internet connection. Please verify that your Internet  connectivity is working fine before retrying. Do you want to retry?" but my internet it is working fine. I did a speed test and it is ok. I tried all my computers in the network I unpluged the router and connected directly to the modem and I have the same issue. I do not understand why is that? I was thinking to buy a SOLO but now i am not sure what to do. If it is not working here. Please help!