12 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2012 4:25 AM by snowoli RSS

On-screen Remote problem

snowoli

Hi,

One year ago I decided to buy the tablet app. The images on the market let me think that I could enjoy my favorite channels together with the original remote of my satellite decoder. Unfortunately and like many other users, all what I got is the Generic Remote Control...

I know there are already threads talking about that issue. I also know we're advised to report that problem directly from the app. That's what I've done one year ago. And since then, things haven't been changing...

Therefore I'm opening a new thread to say how essential this feature can be for me. I can't use keys which are normally available on my Remote Control with your generic on-screen remote and that's pretty uncomfortable for not saying worst...

So, are there really people working on this issue or can we give up all hopes about that ?

Best rgds from Belgium !

• Re: On-screen Remote problem
          Apprentice

Hi snowoli,

I understand that you are having some issues with the SlingPlayer for Android Tablets application, since you can only get a generic remote control.

I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall this application one more time and make sure that your Slingbox is properly set up for Internet Viewing. If you do not know how to uninstall and reinstall this application, go to the Google Play Store and follow this process according to their policies.

Hope this helps!

Regards.

snowoli

Thanks for your answers.

Nevertheless, my problem is still there. I realized that I was confusing the bin files with the SPR file !

I have the functions needed on the screen but some aren't accessible (like "PVR" etc.)

What I'm trying to explain you, is that without the right skin, some functions aren't accessible. And moreover, having the right skin of the remote would be much greater !

But if there's a way to install a SPR file on Android tablet, please let me know !

alanrichey42 Master

I haven't seen the Android app but if it was designed like the iPhone App you are stuck with the design decided by Sling.  But the iPhone app does provide all the functionality of the PC version, and 'odd' functions like PVR are under a Misc menu option.  Does the Android app not do the same ?

snowoli

I'm afraid not :/

On Android cellphones app --> No problem, a "Misc Menu" exists !

But on Android TABLETS app --> Not such a function ! Only the basic remote without keys like "PVR" or ">" ,"Mute", "Radio", "TV",...

snowoli

PVR key exists as the "White button" next to the multi-color keys.

But impossible to find the other keys...

alanrichey42 Master

OK, I am struggling here as I have no idea what the Android Tablet app looks like.   However, I do have the iPad app and that suffers the same problem, no way to access Custom buttons from a generic remote.  I have reported the problem to Sling, but as usual have had no reaction from them.

All I can suggest is that I produce a Custom BIN file which maps the functions you need onto the buttons you have available but don't necessarily need ?  If you tell me the mapping you want I can give it a try.