3 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2010 5:05 AM by ArizonaSackbut RSS

My Kbps is like 380 and the screen is black

mlevin77

Hi,

I'm running the SlingPlayer on my Mac 10.4.11 system to control a Slingbox AV:

Slingbox ID: C9D8F7F851FF144DA3521D331E19A513
      Slingbox Software Version: 1.2.12
      Slingbox Private IP Address: 10.0.1.206
      Slingbox Port: 5001

this used to work fine but now I see that after it connects and says "streaming", the Kbps is ~300-400 and the screen is black (no tv picture, not even a bad-quality one). I have an Apple 802.11n router (fast) so there's no reason it should be this slow. Can someone help?

thank you,

Mike Levin

• Re: My Kbps is like 380 and the screen is black
          ArizonaSackbut Apprentice

Hi Mike,

Sounds like a problem with your source.  I'm not saying anything is broken, but from your description the Slingbox appears to be working normally.  I suggest you start by verifying what your source is feeding the Slingbox.

Streaming at a low speed like what you mentioned is normal if the image being sent is very simple with no motion... like a black screen.  As soon as image complexity increases, so will streaming throughput.

That said, I would expect the Weak or No Video Signal Detected message and possibly even slower streaming rates if the source was sending absolutely nothing and/or the Slingbox wasn't processing a video feed.  As it stands from your description, I think the source is sending a signal and the Slingbox is encoding/transmitting it.  It just happens to be a blank, black frame.

A few things to try and check:

- Are you sure SlingPlayer is set to the correct input ?  It probably is, but doesn't hurt to check.  In Slingbox > Video Input you can flip between Composite and S-Video for your Slingbox AV.

- Are you getting audio ?

- Are you using HDMI anywhere else in the overall equipment loop ?

- Try using a TV to check the same source, cables and connection type.  Any changes ?

Any other details or clues you can share might be helpful.

Hope this helps,

- Az