4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2012 6:34 PM by callanish RSS

SlingPlayer disappears from Revue

sodoff Newbie

Gone for a month, return and fire up Logitech Revue.

SlingPlayer has vanished.

Home menu lists Netflix, YouTube, Chriome, and All Apps; click on All apps.  SlingPlayer nowhere to be found.

Click on search - Slingplayer ... nothing.

Power it down, back up ... I give up ... went to App Store, search, nothing.

Now instead of App store i see Google Play. 

I give up ... where does it go to?

• Re: SlingPlayer disappears from Revue
          callanish Apprentice

Try Looking for it in spotlight

sodoff Newbie

Thanks ... odd design ... it works but, wow, the video stream freezes terribly, often, when I click on Guide etc.

Any fixes?

mw621

I am wondering the same thing. There is a forum about this problem here:

https://community.sling.com/message/64977#64977

The forum seems like it hasn't been in use now for a while by the moderators, so I'm wondering if Sling has moved on from this problem?  Do you only have problems when using the controls for the slingbox? (ie: channel up/down, guide, etc.)

callanish Apprentice

I think those with GoogleTV devices are crossing our fingers in hopes that sling hasn't abandoned us. From my understanding, the problem lies in the honeycomb O.S requiring Google's input to provide an O.S upgrade to fix this freezing problem that we're experiencing on the Revue. Although the Revue has been discontinued, Google seems to want GoogleTV to have a future with its expansion into Europe in the summer, so it would only seem logical that Google might have a vested interest in collaborating with sling to fix issues with sling connected devices. My only concern is if the problem is related to a lack of CPU power from the Intel chip within the Revue requiring users to be forced to upgrade to the next gen ARM CPU hardware in order to fix these freezing problems with GoogleTV and the weblink connected slingplayer. Sling's silence on the issue is not encouraging and it would be nice to hear the truth rather than read on the forums about customer service not having a clue about this issue or the fact that no moderators have chimed in to give us some sort of reassurance that there is a solution in the making. The only thing I've read on a sling webpage is that sling does acknowledge this specific problem, but we've been waiting patiently for some time now with information that a fix is coming, but so far nothing.