12 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2012 4:57 PM by esja RSS

slingbox pro

esja Newbie

i have a slingbox pro hd conected to sattelite receiver with rgb and red-yellow-white

supose to work only with RGB OR NOT?

when i take out my red-white and yellow no connectios???

the receiver conected to TV with scart througth video machine because my HDMI on receiver is out of order is there any solution?

is the only box connected to slingbox and i need to connect also anotheir tv box but if iuse the red-yellow-white i cant see my statelite box?

• Re: slingbox pro
          alanrichey42 Master

Sling do not use the RGB system so it's difficult to comment without knowing what wires you are using.   They use the Red/White RCA connectors for analog sound and then 3 different ways of providing the video:  S-Video, Composite (using the Yellow connector) and then Component (using the Orange/Blue/Green connectors).

Can you be more specific about your wiring connections ?  SCART-SCART ?  SCART to Composite (Red/Yellow/White) ?   And what connections are available on your receiver and VCR.

esja Newbie

I need to connect 2 box

1:satellite receiver with

Y-Pb-Py

white-red-yellow

s/pdif

2:tv box with

Y-Pb-Py

white-red-yellow

scart

s/pdif

i prefer the satellite box HD THE TV tv box doesnt matter now for me works only white-red-yellow,and the tv box not connected,

alanrichey42 Master

I would connect the output of the satellite receiver to the input of the Slingbox using the component (Y-Pb-Py - Orange/blue/Green) for the video and the Red and White for the Audio (I have no experience of the digital audio using S/PDIF but that might be worth trying instead of the analog Red/White cables.   Then use the same configuration to connect the output of the Slingbox to the TV.  That way both the Slingbox and the TV will get an HD signal.

esja Newbie

yes but what can i do with the second box thats has only red-white yellow

it looks that works only one box at a time,icant conecte both in slingbox pro.

both conected to tv but both have superete control the tv only is for viewing them,

1.satellite receiver

2.tv box from locale provider

My problem is that canot connected both in slingbox

and i think doesnt work the component

you said orange-blue green there is not such input in slingbox

alanrichey42 Master

yes but what can i do with the second box thats has only red-white yellow

Sorry, I thought 'TV Box" meant TV, I assume you actually mean Set-Top-Box/Receiver ?

it looks that works only one box at a time,icant conecte both in slingbox pro.

OK, in your original post you said you had a Slingbox Pro-HD, now you are saying you have a SlingBox Pro ?  Which is it ?

and i think doesnt work the component

you said orange-blue green there is not such input in slingbox

OK, I guess you only have a Pro then.  I haven't seen one of these but it looks as though it will take 2 inputs ?  In that case one of the boxes can use the Red/white/yellow.   For the other one use the red/white for the audio

esja Newbie

it is slingbox pro-hd

in the photo rigth is satelite receiver red-green-blue  and red and white

and to the left white-red-yellow from set top box

when i try to setup my sling box it looks only recognise composite connection (and then i watch either setup box or sattelite depence what i connect to the left side of my slingbox that supose if i undersend well is analog connection,i try red blue green also from setup box to slingbox not working.because i was thinking from my stalite mabe be broken the conectors,

is there any way to connect both?

alanrichey42 Master

Wow, this is getting complicated.    If you have a Pro-HD then contrary to what you said earlier you DO have a component input on the Slingbox.   I know I said Orange/Blue/Green, but you talk about Red/Blue/Green.  These are the same, I just tend to call it Orange to make it different to the Red of the Sound Channel.

So let's start again     Are you REALLY saying that if you connect the Orange(Red)/Blue/Green component wires from the Satellite to the Slingbox that you get no video ?   (your use of the word 'recognise' is a bit misleading, please be more specific).

Are you using the HDMI ouput of the Satellite reciever or the Settop box?

esja Newbie

yes i try both satellite out blue green red to in first row slingbox pro-hd doesn work 

the same from setup box blue red green out to in os slingerbox the same

alanrichey42 Master

PLEASE don't use the words 'doesn't work', that could mean dozens of things.  Be VERY specific in your description.   So I ask again, do you see the video when you select component on the Slingbox.    And you haven't answered the question about HDMI ?

esja Newbie

the HDMI from satellite is out of order i use the scart througth my vcr to wach in tv

in the setup box i use the HDMI to connect to tv

And i cant see any video when i select component in sling box

alanrichey42 Master

No more ideas then.   If the HDMI is not used on the satellite then the component should be working (I assume you have tested it is working by plugging directly into the TV ?   If the HDMI is broken then maybe the component is as well ?)

How about disconnecting the HDMI on the settop box and then using the component to go to the Slingbox and then from there to the TV ?

Then the SCART from the satellite to the VCR then composite from the VCR to the Slingbox ?

esja Newbie

Thank you for your help was nice talking to you i try do do my best(i was thinking change my satelite receiver with a new one)but always wondering why the setupbox also dont recognized from slingbox when is red/blue/green anyway thank you