2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2012 10:23 PM by dannyc RSS

Both power and network light on but....

dannyc

Can not connect. I have used the box as recently as a day or two ago.

I know the network signal is good and the box has both lights on, but any attempt to connect to the box on the same network or remotely is unsuccessfully. Get this message...."There was an error connecting to your Slingbox. Make sure that your Slingbox is ON and connected to your network. Also check that firewall and router allow access. Do you want to retry?"  On my ios devices it says that "the Slingbox is not connected to the internet."

I've tried resetting the device, unplugging it for 1/2 a minute and restarting it, unplugged the network cable and replugged but no luck.

Any suggestions?

• Re: Both power and network light on but....
          dannyc

I've also noticed that the network light will stay on even when I disconnect the network cable. If I unplug the box, the network light will go dim and slightly blink. Is this possibly a power cord issue I've seen mentioned?

• Re: Both power and network light on but....
              dannyc

Well....contacted Slingbox support and found out my box was 20 days over warranty. I described the problem and mentioned that I had seen it mentioned in this forum that sometimes problems like I was having was connected to problems with the power adapter. The service advisor agreed to send me a free power adapter, but thought it would be of no help and that I'd need to pay to have the box replaced out of warranty.

Got the new power adapter and the box works fine again. Happy i don't have to pay for another box after just a year of usage.