3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2012 4:06 PM by chakkarinen RSS

Slingbox power light out

Mhaynes1

My slingbox pro hd power light is out. I've tried different outlet, and it's only 2 months old. What could be the problem?

• Re: Slingbox power light out
          Apprentice

Hi Mhaynes1,

It seems that you are having some issues with your Slingbox PRO-HD, since the power light is out.

I recommend you to reset the Slingbox. The following link will provide you with the steps to follow:

How to reset your Slingbox to factory settings

If the issue persists, it issue might be related to a defective power adapter. If this is your case, I encourage you to check this announcement:

PowerSupplySOLO.JPG

Hope this helps!

Regards.

erouckus

I'm having the same issue. The reset did not work. I've tested the power adapter and its working. Any ideas?

chakkarinen Apprentice

While your power adapter may be generating the necessary 5 volts, it might not be able to deliver the necessary 4 amperes.   So, I would first try replacing the power adapter.   If your unit is still under warranty, then Slingbox folks will replace it for free.   If your SB is no longer under warranty, then you can purchase a replacement from them or from a third-party supplier.  I purchased a replacement for my older SB-HD from bgmicro.com.   So far, the replacement is working fine.