6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 8:39 AM by beckifields RSS

Solo Loses connectivity during setup

the1haas

My Slingbox SOLO exibits a problem as it will lose connectivity while doing a setup.  At the point of searching for video the network LED will start flashing and go out.. I watchd this also by pinging th e IP address and all is well till the point of searching for video then the connection is lost.. closing th e setup window restores the replys from th e ping.

Any Ideas out there??

Regards

Ernie

• Re: Solo Loses connectivity during setup
          Apprentice

Hi the1haas,

It seems that you are having some issues with your Slingbox SOLO since it loses connectivity when trying to set it up.

This issue might be related to a defective power adapter. With this in mind, I recommend you to check the following article in order to get some information that might help you:

Troubleshooting Slingbox SOLO streaming and network issues

Hope this helps!

Regards.

the1haas

Thanks for the reply.  I tried all of the things listed and even replaced the power supply wall wart with a good one from another unit. same result. I was able to upgrade the software as the first step in the setup process but that had no effect. the network light  as well as it's presence on the network is fine until it looks for video on the input then it crashes. reading some other posts it seems that the box may be rebooting. that appears to be a software issue. Question : can the software be loaded to go back to an earlier version to test to see if there is a problem with the current software?

Regards

Ernie

Apprentice

I recommend you to give us a call. We will apply some other troubleshooting steps in order to determine the root cause for this unexpected behavior. This link will provide you with the contact information. Just make sure to check all the options available on the right hand side of the screen:

Contact Sling Media Support

Hope this helps!

Regards.

roger821

Rana,

I just replaced a power supply with one I purchased from Sling, and my Solo (which was previously working) is now doing the same thing described in this message string. And, rather than not telling us anything and telling us to pay $30 for a support call, you could be nice and give the readers some additional steps to troubleshoot their Slingboxes. Or not.

beckifields Novice

Hello  roger821,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the land of the Forums.  We do apologize that you are still having issue.  We do have some simple steps that may be of some help with connectivity issues you are having with your Slingbox SOLO.

Troubleshooting Slingbox SOLO streaming and network issues

http://support.slingbox.com/go/gSearch?q=Troubleshooting+Slingbox+SOLO+streaming+and+network+issues

If these steps do not help with your issue, at this time, we would advise that you please do call in.  If we determine that it is a issue on our end, we will refund you the $30 for the support call, and have your device replaced.

Hope this helps,

The Slingbox Moderation Team.

roger821

Becki,

It took about 3 hours, and 20 different attempts, but somehow my Sling finally ran through setup OK and I was able to reconfigure the box. This makes absolutely no sense to me, but IIRC this happened with every other Slingbox I own (which is now 5 different ones, 4 of which are still in service).

The one thing which I changed on my router was the port forwarding, which didn't make sense since I was inside my own LAN. Once I changed the settings, it still would not configure for 4-5 attempts, but finally did accept the commands.

When the Slingbox wants to be configured, it will be. Otherwise, not so much. So I don't need to call tech support, this time...