3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2012 4:23 PM by chakkarinen RSS

Unable to connect to my Slingbox Network from Japan

ncklumpp

I have a Slingbox HD-PRO which has been setup for Internet viewing using "Port-Forwarding" I am using an Apple Extreme Router.

I have been able to access the Internet Slingbox connection in the US but not from Japan. In Japan, I keep getting notification that I must set the Slingbox up for Internet viewing eventhough, this has been done in the US. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: Unable to connect to my Slingbox Network from Japan
          chakkarinen Apprentice

When you say you can view the SB in the US, does this include both from in the same physical location as the SB, as well as from a "remote" location like a McDonalds or a Starbucks?   Watching the SB from the same physical location as the SB usually means the signal is only going through the router and not out the modem to Internet Land and back to the computer viewing the video stream.   And this should work even if the SB was not able to connect to the Internet or be correctly set up for Internet Viewing.

• Re: Unable to connect to my Slingbox Network from Japan
              ncklumpp

Thank you for your response. Yes, I have been able to connect with mutiple locations in the US i.e. Starbucks (via the internet)but still receive the message that my SB is not setup for internet viewing while trying to connect in Japan. If it makes any difference, I am trying to view my SB through the most recent IPAD application. In checking and rechecking the port forwarding, all the addresses and numbers are correct.

Would it make any difference if I delete and reinstall the IPAD application?

In any event, any and all suggestion are helpfull and I appreciate your help in the resolution of this issue.