7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2012 11:02 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Can't Tune Channels remotely with Verison Fios - Motorola QIP2500-3

Taipei1980

After couple days of try-outs~

After hours of reviewing all the advices, especially from "Al"

Still end up with loads of frustrations and disappointments.

Prevsiouly, I was able to:

internet view and home view can be controlled seperatelly without any interferance.

and i only had an anenta box!

it was the sole purpose I'd purchased "Pro-HD" as the product indicates, it comes with internal tuner.

but, since a week ago, when we'd updated our tv services with "Verizon - Fios"

the nightmare had begun...

1. the image quality projected on the "internet view" became worse than before

2. the virtual remote does absolutely nothing.

3. can't change channels at "internet viewing", until you change the channel on actual tv

absolutely frustrated, and it becomes real ridiculous.

i have gone through all standard Q&A, trouble-shoot forums and etc....

please support. please........

much appreciated!

• Re: Can't Tune Channels remotely with Verison Fios - Motorola QIP2500-3
          alanrichey42 Master

We need a bit more information.

1.  Are you still driving the co-ax from an antenna box or have you switched to the Verizon box ?

2.  Have you connected the ouput of the Verizon box to the Slingbox using Composite/Component ?

Taipei1980

Dear Alan

thank you so much for your time on this matter.

I've attempted to read through all of your feedback on others' inquiries... but all had failed.

to provide you further more on my situation...

1) i am no longer "driving" the co-ax from an antenna box, it has been connect directly to Verizon (Motorola) box

2) per graphical "quick start guide" instruction: I have connected the ouput of the Verizon box to the Slingbox using Composite

meaning:

SlingBox "Coax In" is feeding verizon cable directly off the wall

SlingBox "Coax Out" is feeding the cable to Verizon Motorola box

"Composite Out" from Verison Motorola box to Sling Box "Composit In"

"Composite Out" from SlingBox box to TV "Composit In"

i can view my tv via internet, but i can't change the channels....

please kindly advice on this matter.

thank you SO much, i know i am in good hands

alanrichey42 Master

As far as I know the output from the FIOS Coax is not usable by the Slingbox so I suspect that is a pointless connection,

What hapens when you run the Video Input Setup routine to tell it you have the FIOS box ?

Taipei1980

Hey boss

i have tried... and I think I've followed your thought.

Since you'd stated "output from the FIOS Coax is not usable by the Slingbox", and you'd suggested "run the Video Input Setup routine to tell it you have the FIOS box"...

i THINK what you meant was: to apply S-Videp cable, along with the Component (R/L) cable

there for, i have done....

Verizone Motorola "Coax IN" is feeding verizon cable directly off the wall

Verizone Motorola "S-Video+Component OUT" is feeding the cables to SlingBox  "S-Video+Component IN"

"S-Video+Composite OUT" of SlingBox to TV "S-Video+Composite IN"

as the end result, I still can't change channels via web remote, when watching through internet

please kindly advice, thank you SO much

Taipei1980

I am not sure if this information helps, or not...

during web viewing mode, when i select "options"

a screen of "ABOUT" will show up....

and, under " REMOTE VIEWING"  is "NO"

is there anyway we can turn "YES"? would that solve the problem?

alanrichey42 Master
                            i have tried... and I think I've followed your thought.

Since you'd stated "output from the FIOS Coax is not usable by the Slingbox", and you'd suggested "run the Video Input Setup routine to tell it you have the FIOS box"...

i THINK what you meant was: to apply S-Videp cable, along with the Component (R/L) cable

No, that isn't remotely what I meant    S-Video and Component Video are 2 different ways of supplying video to your Slingbox, so you do not use them together.

Verizone Motorola "Coax IN" is feeding verizon cable directly off the wall

Verizone Motorola "S-Video+Component OUT" is feeding the cables to SlingBox  "S-Video+Component IN"

Doesn't make sense.  Did you actually mean: "Verizone Motorola "S-Video+Composite Red/White OUT" is feeding the cables to SlingBox  "S-Video+Coposite Red/White IN"

"S-Video+Composite OUT" of SlingBox to TV "S-Video+Composite IN"

Yes, that makes sense.

as the end result, I still can't change channels via web remote, when watching through internet

So what happened when you ran the Video Input Source routine and told it you had the Motorola QIP2500-3 connected to your S-Video input ?