1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 10, 2012 2:18 PM by ranaleon RSS

Slingbox stopped working

maxbitran

Hi all

Almost 3 years after I bought it and first set my slingbox in my father's house, it stopped working last week.

The symptoms are:

When everything is connected and the feed from the cable is in, the image relaying from the slingbox appears on their TV but with no sound and/or squeakings;

All lights on the front panel indicate that everything should be working fine but I cannot connect to the box anymore from the outside or watch anything. The power and network lights look ok and there were no changes in the evironment;

Since I am in another country I cannot look at it physically.

I would like to know if someone has any clue of what this should be. If can be fixed or if I lost the box. I can connect to a local computer with Teamviewer if anyone needs some more information or to try to connect in loco and do upgrades, checks, changes, whatever to make it work again. If it worth the try I would do it, I dont have any other options right now... All of this because I refuse to believe that such type of equipment would last less than 3 years of use (light use).

Thanks a lot.

M Bitran

• Re: Slingbox stopped working
          Apprentice

Hi maxbitran,

It seems that you cannot get the remote connection to your Slingbox, although it seems to be working fine at home.

First, we recommend you to reset the Slingbox and run the Setup Assistant for Internet Viewing. The following link will provide you with the steps to follow:

How to reset your Slingbox to factory settings

Since you have not included any information about your router, we recommend you to use the Slingbox Network Setup Assistant to help configure your router:

Slingbox Network Setup Assistant

During this process, you will be able to check and adjust all the settings in order to configure your Slingbox with your AV source. Make sure to check all the connections between the Slingbox and your set top box (if any).

If the audio issue persists, I recommend you to check the following link in order to fix the Slingbox audio issue:

Slingbox audio issues: Basic troubleshooting

Hope this helps!

Regards.