6 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2010 12:23 AM by Buzzhd Branched to a new discussion. RSS

ipod touch

srjjohnson

I have a slingplayer pro and an ipod touch.

This mobile software does not work for the ipod touch. PERIOD. end of story.

$29.99 lost. What a piece of junk.

• Re: ipod touch
          srjjohnson

Here's what happens when clicking on Connect

IT SAYS:

Locating....

Connecting....

Starting....

Optimizing...0%

What a piece of junk. I can connect to it from my network via the Windows Slingplayer software. I can connect to it from Windows Explorer.

So, why won't it connect via my ipod touch V3.0

??????

******** software........

Expert

Hi srjjohnson and thanks for using the Answers Forum - sorry you're having trouble with your SPM for iPod Touch.

Apologies for the frustration - if you could provide a few more technical details, it would help everyone here to assist you better. The gripes aren't helping the Sling community here fix your problem. Again, everyone knows how frustrating technical issues can be... but if you can bear with it for a bit and provide some constructive details, it'll help you to fix your issue, and possible provide an answer to other users with similar issues.

Check out this article on the Sling support site:

Solving problems with Internet Viewing when using SlingCatcher or SlingPlayer Mobile

Have you followed those steps? Does this issue occur remotely, on your local network or both?

If this doesn't help, please let us know. The more details and information you can provide, the better we (the forum community and Sling Media) can help.

Kind Regards,

The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team

Buzzhd

I had same problem(s). I could connect to my Slingbox HD from Itouch, but after done with optimizing, crapy video showed up. 30 seconds later the video went dead, which lasted for ever. I read a few posts and hints in this forum, trying to disable stereo audio, HD quality video, getting full signal on wirelss etc, but nothing improved.

I really don't think this player is doing any good on itouch while people may experience better in Iphone.

I didn't come up with a return policy on this website, so I guess this is my bad luck.

Dana, your link to solution is for Slingplay for mobile not for iphone, right?

*** Edited to observe Slingbox Answers Forum House Rules by Moderator. ***

Expert

Hi Buzzhd - sorry to hear you are having problems viewing remotely with SlingPlayer Mobile.

To answer your question, the troubleshooting steps posted in the above article cover all versions of SlingPlayer Mobile, including SPM for iPhone. Here's that link again in case you haven't tried the troubleshooting:

Solving problems with Internet Viewing when using SlingCatcher or SlingPlayer Mobile

If you have tried the above steps, it might be helpful for everyone to post your results. Thanks!

Buzzhd

thanks for the link, Dana. I tried, but it didn't work at all. Video lasted less than 10 seconds and then went dead. I had port 5001 opened on the router and had full wifi signal on my itouch. I turned off HD video, stereo audio everything on the settings of Slingplayer for iPhone 1.3, but nothing went in my way. I tried Slingplayer on my laptop, no problem at all. So I really don't think this Slingplayer will work on Ipod touch though I read a lot of reviews saying how good it was on iphone 3G...

30 bucks is not a big deal, but thinking of the non-working product like this really hurt customers a lot. If I am the only one complaining about this product, it's the isolated defect, but...

Buzzhd

read some posts about changing port 5001 to 443 on the router. will that make a difference? my problem is not can't get access to slingbox HD, but rather picture frozen after 10 seconds and lasted for ever. I have to reconnect in order to get the same result...

I really think the slingplaye for iphone or ipod touch is a defect prodcuct. like someone said I really don't want to spend another 30 bucks for the tech support as I already got ripped off for the defective software of slingplayer...