1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 6, 2012 10:24 AM by ranaleon RSS

Can't connect with Time Warner Cable ISP

uclaaga

I just switched my ISP from Verizon DSL to Time Warner Cable.  I had no problem connecting to my Slingbox on Verizon DSL.  I cannot connect to it with Time Warner Cable.  If anyone has a fix, please let me know.  Thanks.

• Re: Can't connect with Time Warner Cable ISP
          Apprentice

Hi uclaaga,

I understand that you are having some issues with your Slingbox PRO-HD ever since you switched to a new ISP.

Every time you connect the Slingbox to a different router, it will pick up a new IP address. This process will allow the communication between the Slingbox and the Internet. Now, this also means that you will need to reset the Slingbox in order to clear out all the "old" information.   
          The Slingbox reset process is explained through this article:

How to reset your Slingbox to factory settings

Once your Slingbox gets solid lights, you will be able to run the Setup Assistant for Internet Viewing. I encourage you to run the Manual Configuration. Further details are included on this link:

Slingbox PRO-HD Manual Setup

Since you have not included any information about the make and model for your router, I recommend you to use the following link in order to get the step-by-step instructions that will allow you to set up your Slingbox for Internet Viewing:

Slingbox Network Setup Assistant

Hope this helps!

Regards.