5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2012 1:46 AM by munckpeter Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Slingbox firmware issue with Boxee Box?

munckpeter

I have had a Slingbox HD-Pro connected to my Boxee Box App for about a month and it has been working perfect.

Last week I installed another Slingbox HD-Pro and the Boxee Box says that the installed firmware on the new one is not compatible.

When I try to upgrade it, it says that I'm running the newest firmware.

The firmware on my "old" Slingbox HD-Pro (the one that works with Boxee Box) is 2.1.350

The firmware on the new Slingbox HD-Pro (that dosn't work) is 2.1.80

I've tried to find the 2.1.350 to install it on the new Slingbox without succes.

Does anyone have a solution?

• Re: Slingbox firmware issue with Boxee Box?
          Apprentice

Hi munckpeter,

It seems that you are having some issues with the SlingPlayer for Boxee box application since does not seem to work with the Slingbox PRO-HD latest firmware version.

I recommend you to run the configuration one more time through setup.slingbox.com. If it does not work, I encourage you to reset the Slingbox and run the configuration once again. The following link will provide you with the steps to follow:

How to reset your Slingbox to factory settings

Let us know how it works for you!

Regards.

munckpeter

Thanks Ranaleon, it worked. Now my new slingbox allso have 2.1.350 firmware and it works with my Boxee Box

The only problem remaining is a black bar in the right side of the picture.

My "old" Slingbox pro-hd had the same problem in the beginning, but somehow it "repaired" itself - maybe through an automatic upgrade? But still, the firmware version on my two pro-hd's are now the same - but the new one have the blackbar/rigth side problem and the old hasn't got it anymore.

How come?

Best

munckpeter

munckpeter

Nb:: I only had to do the configuration through setup.slingbox.com routine. I didn't need to reset the Slingbox.

munckpeter

Apprentice

Hi munckpeter,

It is really good to know that your Slingbox is now up and running with your Boxee box application. Regarding the current issue, we'd like to know if the Slingbox is working fine through www.slingbox.com and also on your Mobile devices (if any). If not, make sure to provide all the related information (error messages, equipment in use, etc). We would also like to know the current software version you are running on your Boxee box. If you do not know how to get this specific information, I encourage you to contact the Boxee support team in order to gather this specific information.

Regards.  

munckpeter

Hi Ranaleon
                          First I would like to specify which devices I've got and where they physically are placed.
                          I have 4 Boxee Box'es, 2 Sling catchers, 1 ipad 1, 1 iphone 4s, 1 Samsung galaxy (android), 1 Slingbox Pro, 2 Slingbox Pro-HD.

The Slingbox'es are all placed at my work and connected to our cable TV here. The Slingbox Pro is using the analog cable TV-signal and the 2 Slingbox Pro-HD are using the digital cable TV signal via two seperate Denver DVBC-116 HD tuners.

As you probably can see I activated the Slingbox Pro (named "Frontiers Slingbox") at the 10-18 2010, the first Slingbox Pro-HD (named "Frontiers HD-Pro 1") 01-19-2012 and the second Slingbox Pro-HD (named "NordAds Pro-HD 1) at the 03-15-2012.
                          Both the Pro-HD's are now running firmware version 2.1.350

The three mobile devices are all installed with the newest Slingplayer Apps. They are used both at my work, in my home and out of the country. Normally I'm using wifi (both the Ipad and the Samsung Galaxy are only wifi versions)

1 of the Boxee Box'es are placed at my work (in Denmark), 2 of the Boxee Box'es are placed in my home (in Denmark) and 1 Boxee Box are placed in my house in southern France.
                          The three danish located Boxee Boxes are all running firmware version 1.5.1.23735-b6a5be1. The Box located in France I don't know the firmware version of at the moment - I'll check that out in Easter where I'm going there.

One Slingcatcher is placed in my home in Denmark - the other is placed in my house in France.

I've checked out the two Pro-HD's performance on all danish located platforms now. They are both accesseble on both Boxee's, Iphone, Ipad and Samsung.
                          It seems that they are running more smoothly on the Apple products than on the Samsung.
                          And they are running fine on Boxee Box's and Slingcatcher.
                          But there is one strange issue - I've mentioned it before. Even though they are both running 2.1.350 the new one, NordAds ProHD 1 has a black bar/stripe in the rigth side of the picture on all platforms, including the Slingcatcher, and it's "Aspect" button on Boxee Box dosn't work
                          The old one, Frontiers HD-Pro 1, have had the same problem imediatly after I set it up, but after a few days the problem "solved it self" - no black bar/stripe and the "Aspect" button on Boxee Box works perfect.
                          The aspect button on ipad and iphone works fine - but they, as mentioned before, both has the black rigth side stripe.
                          Hope you can help me with this problem.
                          Please tell me if you want me to check something out on the different platforms.

Regards