2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2012 3:39 PM by sktanner RSS

Can't watch tv on the sling website but can on facebook

mlahey87

Up until a few days ago I was using the slingbox site to watch my tv without any issues. Then a few days ago it says that I am only connecting at a speed of about 110k. I used internet speed tests and found that it is not my internet or my home internet (where the sling pro-HD is) that is the issue, they are both at fast enough speeds to stream the media. I then went to the facebook app that slingbox has and I am able to watch it on that app.

I don't understand what could be causing me to not be able to watch my slinbox on the dedicated site, but still am able to watch on facebook despite using the same internet source. It be great if someone could help me with this since watching it on facebook isn't nearly as convenient or as good of a quality as it is watching it on the slingbox site.

Thanks.

• Re: Can't watch tv on the sling website but can on facebook
          Apprentice

Hi mlahey87,

It seems that you are having some issues with your Slingbox PRO-HD since although you can connect using the Facebook application, you get a slow connection speed while using the application through www.slingbox.com

If you can get the connection through the Facebook application, it means that the Slingbox is working in a proper way. In all case, we recommend you to test the connection to your Slingbox PRO-HD using a different web browser that the one you are currently using. We encourage you to check the following article in order to know the information about the supported Operating Systems and web browser versions:

What browsers are supported by Watch on Slingbox.com?

Hope this helps!

Regards.

• Re: Can't watch tv on the sling website but can on facebook
              sktanner

I am still having this very same issue.  It seems to clear up every now and again but its not working again now.  Why can't I watch on the website?  I am getting very frustrated about this.  

I have a sling box solo and have posted this question before.  There is absolutely not a darn thing wrong with my set up or anything else.  Now I am in a place where I cannot access facebook but cannot watch my darn TV like I want to.  I want this addressed immediately.