7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2012 7:33 PM by nonames222 RSS

Sound and video out of synch on Boxee

pbco

Hey All,

Slingbox Solo with 768kB cable upload at home, hard wired to router/modem.  At a remote location I use a Boxee with 3MB DSL download, hardwired to router.

When I watch for a while the sound gets out of synch (ahead) of the video.  It never resynchs and I have to pause the video and stop and restart the Slingplayer app on Boxee.  This happens even with video at Basic setting.

Very annoying.

Any suggestions?

thx

• Re: Sound and video out of synch on Boxee
          Apprentice

Hi pbco,

It seems that you are having some issues with the SlingPlayer for Boxee box application and your Slingbox SOLO since the audio and video signal are out of synch.

First, we recommend you to test the Slingbox SOLO connection through your computer. This test will allow us to narrow down the Boxee box as the possible root cause for this behavior. If it is so, I encourage you to uninstall the SlingPlayer for Boxee box application and reinstall it one more time:

Boxee Box Setup

Make sure to follow these recommendations and let us know how it works for you!

Regards.  

Sunshine_D Newbie

This is actually not a problem with the Boxee, it's a problem with the embedded Flash program SlingMedia provides and which the Boxee accesses through its app.  This sound sync is present on the embeded Facebook player and if you just go to the link on your computer.   You can't uncheck or check hardware acceleration on the Boxee for Flash apps as you can on a computer, however, it makes little difference.  By trial and error it can be proven the problem is with the Flash app, not the Boxee and/or everyone's computers.

nonames222

Hello,

i have the exact same problem?

did you ever find a solution?? did unisnntalling the app work?

thankyou