1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 22, 2012 12:51 PM by ranaleon RSS

Netgear WNCE2001 & Slingbox Classic

Myfallenheart

Hi

Firstly let me say I am a complete novice and not experienced with all things technical so please bare with me.

I've owned my Slingbox Classic since they first came out but its been packed away for several years as I've moved home several times. I have to set the whole thing up from scratch again as I no longer have any of the original information for login's etc.

What I would ideally like to do is set the Slingbox Up wirelessly to my home network but I'm not sure if I have the right gadget for doing that.  I have a Netgear WNCE2001 Universal WiFi Internet Adapter - http://www.netgear.com/landing/wnce2001.aspx

Will this do the job?

At the moment the network light is not coming on at all with this plugged into it (the WNCE2001 is connected to my network).

Is there anything I'm missing? Do I need a different gadget? Could it be my router settings?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Maggz

• Re: Netgear WNCE2001 & Slingbox Classic
          Apprentice

Hi Myfallenheart,

It seems that you want to know if the Slingbox will work with the Netgear WNC2001 Wi-Fi Internet Adapter.

As long as it works with your router, the WiFi Internet Adapter will work with your Slingbox as well. Make sure to connect the Internet Adapter to your home network according to its requirements. Then connect the Slingbox to your Internet Adapter.

If the Slingbox is properly connected to your network, it must show solid lights. Otherwise, you will need to reset the Slingbox. The following article will provide you with the steps to follow:

How to reset your Slingbox to factory settings

If the Slingbox shows any unusual light behavior, check the following link:

The Network light on your Slingbox blinks or turns off

Let us know how it works for you!

Regards.