1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 21, 2012 8:13 AM by ranaleon RSS

Internet viewing help

Danafo

I have a slingbox solo installed. It works fine at home. It has been setup for internet viewing. I cannot watch it on my laptop remotely over the internet. I thought it was a problem withe the setup but a friend can watch it from his house when I asked him to check, so the problem appears to be on my laptop?  Slingbox is hooked up to a apple airport express. I am using a dell laptop running windows  XP Proffesional and Internet explorer 8. I connect to slingbox.com and login ok, it finds my account and then searches for my slingbox I then get the following message:

The connection attempt failed. Make sure the Slingbox you are trying to watch is on, set up for remote viewing, and not blocked by firewall/NAT settings.

Enter password for

The connection attempt failed. Make sure the Slingbox you are trying to watch is on, set up for remote viewing, and not blocked by firewall/NAT settings.

Enter password for ********Slingbox

Like I said the box is setup and does work on other computers. Any settings or anything I need to do on this end? I am connected to the internet with a netgear router on this end. Thanks !

Dana

• Re: Internet viewing help
          Apprentice

Hi Danafo,

It seems that you are not able to get the connection to your Slingbox using one specific computer.

Since your friend is able to get the connection to your Slingbox using his computer, the issue seems to be related to your computer. With this in mind, I encourage you to check if your computer meets the requirements for the Slingbox. The following article will provide you with this information:

What browsers are supported by Watch on Slingbox.com?

Hope this helps!

Regards.