3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2012 2:30 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

new remote

bigkurt

i had to purchase a new dish network remote control. now the virtual remote will not work. what must i do to get the virtual remote to work?

• Re: new remote
          alanrichey42 Master

Buying a new Remote should not have affected the virtual remote.  Did you actually mean you had a new Dish Network box ?   Or was the Remote Control Address changed by you or an engineer ?

bigkurt

i did not get a new Dish recvr; only a new remote control.  the new remote address is '19' which i believe is different from the original which might have been a 1 or a 2.  if i need to have both the Dish remote and the slingbox remote set to the same #, i am at a loss how to do that.  nowhere that i have been on the slingbox website or settings options have i found a way to change a remote address.  thanks for ur help.

alanrichey42 Master

In which case someone (the technician?)  must have set the Remote Address on your device to 19 as well otherwise the new remote would not have worked.  As far as I know the way to set the Remote address is set out very clearly in the Dish TV manual. (available on line if you don't have a copy.