5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2012 5:55 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Remote Control setup

tfischer72

Hallo,

i just setup my new slingbox Pro HD - i can watch my TV on the Internet!

My Problem is that i don´t get the remote control running:

First my Satellite Reciever - Clarke Tech 5000 HD is not in the list

so i created my own remote control learnig button after button.

Before that I tried to use all the other Clarke Tech models in the list.

When I try to use my custom created remote control nothing is happening.

I tried different places for the IR-Transmitters, different buttons but my Reciever seems to get no IR-signal.

What can I do next?

Best regards

Thomas

• Re: Remote Control setup
          ACC1843491

Hi

I have Slingbox Solo, with exactly the same problem.

My TV Digital decoder (new) is a Motorola VIP 1920.

It´s not on the Sling Box decoder list  so I can`t get the remote working - Slingbox or anyone else do you have suggestions?

Carl

alanrichey42 Master

I suggest both of you check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

And do a forum search for your device and see if it has been discussed before.

Come back if it doesn't help.

Al

tfischer72

Hi Al,

i used the link in this thread to create my own remote control, i learned some button like on/off and ch+/- but that doesn´t work, i also checked the Kable and the Position of the IR-Transmitters.

i also found a file at hifi-remote.com and tried to follow the steps,
                  but my PC doesn´t have a slingbox directory where i can put the file.

is there a software that i should have installed on my PC?

everything i did so far works with the browser.

Best regards

Thomas

alanrichey42 Master
                      i used the link in this thread to create my own remote control, i learned some button like on/off and ch+/- but that doesn´t work, i also checked the Kable and the Position of the IR-Transmitters.

I'm afraid only Sling can sort this out.  That site has always been very flaky.  it seems to be incredibly sensitive to how close you hold the remote to the Slingbox.

i also found a file at hifi-remote.com and tried to follow the steps,

but my PC doesn´t have a slingbox directory where i can put the file.

is there a software that i should have installed on my PC?

I guess you didn't read the instructions properly ? 

Specifically this line:

"(These instructions assume you have installed the standalone Slingplayer on your PC/MAC, as you cannot install Custom Remotes from the Web-based player.  If you do not have the program see http://support.slingbox.com/go/windows-download-desktop-us)" 

or if you have a MAC  http://support.slingbox.com/go/dl-mac-desktop