3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2012 11:59 AM by jpitarresi RSS

Possible Resolution for GoogleTV Logitech Revue Slingbox App Freezing

jpitarresi

Hello Slingbox community,

I guess this discussion will be more of a possible truce being met between disgruntled customers such as myself who have purchased a Logitech Revue for the sole purpose of using the slingbox app and the slingbox company.  As many of you have well documented, whenever you try to use any of the remote functions on the Revue, it freezes up and eventually crashes.  I was wondering if the people at Slingbox have considered offering the Slingplayer for android or iPhone app for free to members who can prove via Serial Number that they own a Logitech Revue.  My logic behind this proposed solution is that instead of using the Logitech's remote to try to control the slingplayer app, users can simply connect to the slingbox app on their smartphone as use it as a "remote".  I realized that this is probably not the best solution for either side, but it is an attempt at a compromise so that loyal customers stay loyal and slingbox keeps its pristine reputation.  It is unfortunate that this issue is occuring and I feel that many customers are starting to talk bad about their beloved Slingboxes, but I feel that an offer such as this could possible ease the tension on both sides.  Also, in stead of giving away the android/iphone app for free, slingbox could consider subsidising the cost to members that can prove Revue ownership (maybe $10 as opposed to the current $30 price tag for the app). In the nature of a compromise, slingbox customers will have this issue fixed and the slingbox company would still be gaining profits and maintaining their good reputation. If slingbox were to offer something of this nature, I would personally feel much better about what is currently going on between slingbox and it's customers.  Maybe other customers could leave their feedback and we could generate some nice discussion about resolving this issue.  Thanks in advance for any advice people can offer!

• Re: Possible Resolution for GoogleTV Logitech Revue Slingbox App Freezing
          jpitarresi

Alternatively, Slingbox could consider developing a basic "slingbox remote" app for android/iphone that can only be used to control the slingbox, but would not provide any video.  Essentially, slingbox could use the remote from their desktop player and port that over to a smartphone friendly version that has no video feed and can only control the slingbox.  Again, just a thought, but let me know what you all think.

lolcatz Newbie

@jpitarresi

I agree the issue with the slingplayer web app for the logitech revue is very dissapointing. I even purchased the revue with the sole intention to use it with my slingbox.

Imagine how dissapointed i am to see that this problem has been reported since late 2011... right now it's March 7th 2012, and no solution has been provided for this issue.

On the other hand the slingbox "remote" app with no video would be totally awesome. That would mean no lag when controling my DVR at home. I mean, they use the exact same scheme for the PC/MAC web app we already have and use. Or at least they should implement a customizable hotkey map... let's say one should be able to define if letter "z" acts as the "back" button or "last channel" or even "channel X".

right now i feel very dissapointed

jpitarresi

move to new forum because there is no activity in the Logitech Revue support forum.  Maybe we can get some answers here.....