3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2012 12:35 AM by tazo101 RSS

Why do I have to watch, on internet, whats being watched at home?

tazo101

I am away on a tripabroad and while there want to watch the TV anywhere got it allset up watching perfect, however when I dont want to watch Glumenders, My big fat gypsy wedding (you get the point, womens channels) etc I cant. End up battling out with the wife and costing me a fortune in texts. If we have 2 lnbs/tuners why cant she watch 1 and me  the other? Got the Echostar 600

• Re: Why do I have to watch, on internet, whats being watched at home?
          BellSystem Newbie

As i explain how the sling setup works to friends and family, i often say "I can watch anything as if i were sitting at home in front of the tv" if you were at home sitting with the wife you would have the same issue, no? I personally have my slingbox installed on ITS OWN SET TOP BOX so i can watch recordings, browse, and view without effecting anyone at any time. that would be the ideal setup. My suggestion would be to install on another box, or get a pro hd if your provider allows direct coax feeds ( no box) note: this may not work for you, and if you want any dvr capabilities that wouldnt work either. just pretend the slingbox is a tv... whatever you feed into it is what you see on it.

chakkarinen Apprentice

Agree with BellSystem.   If you split the coax cable signal coming out of your wall and put one wire going to the cable box connected to your TV and the second wire going to a cable box (or DTA) going to your SB, then what you watch on the TV can and will be entirely separate from what you watch and sling through the SB.

tazo101

Hi thanks for reply, got to say thats wasnt answers hoping for. This is still under 28days so can take it back and slingbox loose a customer. If I was wanting that whilst abroad can get a proxy server and watch or set up a remote to my home computer much cheaper. The point with this box is the dbl tuner so you can watch 1 side whilst taping the other so how hard is it to do separate remote viewing?

Been talking tentatively with someone about getting a cheap server and just streaming out, then can  do whatever I like. Seems such a waste and missed oppurtunity from Slingbox.

What is Pro HD I did believe thats was roughly what I got, dbl tuner with recorder and hd and freesat, whats the difference?

Thanks in advance.

Ps when at home wife always wins, i just go out on my bike!