4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2012 12:45 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

non reponsive slingplayer remote

thuisfront

so.. I bought the slingbox for watching UPC tv (netherlands) overseas.

I have great problems with non-responsive remote controls..

I'm not sure what is causing it, sometimes the remote is responsive.. but it seems when a lot of people are online, or after using the box for a few hours, the remote becomes hardly responsive.. to get a response it requires 10clicks on occasion.

I have the same issue when watching on watch.slingbox.com, watching via ipad or watching via slingplayer.

Any ideas anyone what could cause this and how to fix this?

It's a great product, but without a remote completely useless..

• Re: non reponsive slingplayer remote
          ve7bbd Newbie

hi  i have  the  same problum  i  have  done  set  up  many  times  with  no  luck   but  i  still  think  the  sling box  a  great  toy  to  play  with

alanrichey42 Master

I recently had this problem, and it turned out the IR Blaster had moved slightly so that not all the signal was hitting the device.  Check your placement is absolutely correct.

thuisfront

Hi Alan,

thanks for the response, but that's not the issue..

I've taped the sensor right in front of the IR receiver and it cannot move..

Also, the way this happens - after not using the device for a while responsiveness of the remote is pretty good, however after watching a few hours of tv and using the remote more frequently, responsiveness slows done to the point that where early on you might need to click twice to get a reaction at the end of a session the remote might need to be clicked 5, 6 or 10 times before a reaction happens.

this is the same for use on ipad, website or slingplayer..

also - it's not a device specific issue - I have 2 the slingbox hd's connected at home - and when I switch between devices both devices have the same problem.

I somehow think it's a network / connection issue, but I make sure no download programs are running when watching, also I've tried resetting the modem to ensure the connection is restored ok.

does no one else have the same issue?

alanrichey42 Master
                      this is the same for use on ipad, website or slingplayer..

That's expected, they all use the remote stored inside the Slingbox.

I've taped the sensor right in front of the IR receiver and it cannot move..

also - it's not a device specific issue - I have 2 the slingbox hd's connected at home - and when I switch between devices both devices have the same problem.

Heat issue ?   Do you have good air circulation around the Slingbox ?

does no one else have the same issue?

I've been with the forum since the beginning and as I recall the only people who have ever reported anything like this have eventually traced it to IR placement.