6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2012 2:43 AM by russnorwood Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Disconnects every few days

nchu Newbie

I had a thread but it seemingly disappear.  Go figure.

Anyways to be short and swift this time, my slingbox disconnects every few days.  Because I am not located in the same country as my slingbox, I call my cousin to come fix it everytime and she is not willing to continue to help me with this.  She has set up the slingbox again and again numerous times and the SAME thing happens.  My cousin tells me the same network light will flash instead of stay steady everytime she goes back to try to reconnect it.  I can watch for a day or two then kapoot no more signal and I get the same annoying msg

There was an error connecting to your Slingbox. Make sure that your  Slingbox is ON and connected to your network. Also check that firewall  and router allow access. Do you want to retry?

I'm honestly worn out.  I don't plan on purchasing another product nor do I plan on purchasing support.  Come on moderators you guys can't honestly expect paying customers to pay more just to FIX a problem you guys can't seem to stop from happening...please don't let this turn into a paperweight because honestly the product itself is awesome and its the best way I get to keep up with my sports teams back home.

• Re: Disconnects every few days
          Apprentice

Hi nchu,

It seems that you are having some issues with your Slingbox SOLO since it drops the connection every few days.

Although your cousin has already applied some troubleshooting steps, I recommend you to check the following link and follow the included steps:

Troubleshooting Slingbox SOLO streaming and network issues

This link will also provide you with the contact information, since this issue might be related to a faulty power adapter. Therefore, I encourage you to check it out and follow the included instructions.

Hope this helps!

Regards.

nchu Newbie

I have tried all of those options already.  That while having to be on my phone with my aunt for 30 minutes.  It's not working.  Got anymore bright ideas???

Apprentice

Give us a call from the Slingbox location.

Regards.

nchu Newbie

At what number?  You're website does not include a number if you guys haven't noticed and the one I managed to google is a recording loop that wasted my time.

Btw, looking over the email responses I got the 3 in total, I'm really glad free technical support means "taking 30 seconds out of our day to copy and paste a FAQ help question".  I wonder what paying 50 bucks would get me...

I'm really glad you guys are doing the right thing here regarding machines that are seemingly collecting dust for weeks on end just because your customer service support center online is so greatly useful.  Bravo Slingbox.

russnorwood

I have to tell you, I'm having the same problems. I never join in or read forums, but I am starting to have the same frustrations as many of these that are complaining.

The last time I had the same issues, I got no real solutions or meaningful responses either.