9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2012 10:58 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

IR Codes for Optex ORT 8895 hd

LRTV

Hello,

My TNT TV receiver Optex ORT 8895 hd is not in the set up list .

I've tried all the models associated with Optex and also some custom remotes but unfortunately none of the codes work.

How can I make my own custom remote file ?

Could anybody recommend a matching device ?

Thanks for help

• Re: IR Codes for Optex ORT 8895 hd
          alanrichey42 Master

Check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it doesn't help.

Al

LRTV

Thanks Al,

I already checked this thread but couldn't find a solution.

I think I need a custom remote but don't know how to make my own .bin file.

Could anybody help me to do so.

Thks for help

alanrichey42 Master
                  I already checked this thread but couldn't find a solution.

I guess you ignored this bit "...And please confirm in the body of the posting that you have carried out  all the above checks so we do not just redirect you back to this post...." 

I think I need a custom remote but don't know how to make my own .bin file.

Could anybody help me to do so.

Me I guess.    I couldn't track down the 8895 but did find the 8891.,  Hopefully they use the same codes,.

LRTV

I guess you ignored this bit "...And please confirm in the body of the posting that you have carried out  all the above checks so we do not just redirect you back to this post...." 

Yes sorry about that...

Me I guess.    I couldn't track down the 8895 but did find the 8891.,  Hopefully they use the same codes,.

Just tried 8891....unsuccessful. (I previously tried ORS9950 and all remotes from the same manufacturer included in the setup list)

Thks anyway

alanrichey42 Master

I guess you aren't heavily into reading instructions properly either ?

The readme file said "....If you have problems please do NOT just report back it 'doesn't work', that is totally useless for someone trying to understand what is going on.  So please report the following:...."

I know you said "..unsuccessful..", but that is as almost as bad as 'doesn't work'.   Care to try again ?

LRTV

alanrichey42 wrote:

I guess you aren't heavily into reading instructions properly either ?

The readme file said "....If you have problems please do NOT just report back it 'doesn't work', that is totally useless for someone trying to understand what is going on.  So please report the following:...."

I know you said "..unsuccessful..", but that is as almost as bad as 'doesn't work'.   Care to try again ?

And what do you want me to say....I installed the file and my receiver is not responding..I tried all available commands on the remote....is it better like that ?

I think you should read again my post I am asking for somebody who could help me to make my own file because I already heavily surched for a matching file or device.

I know you are trying to help but please don't assume I didn't do any research before ! Because I did.

I just need help to make a custom remote file . Thank you

alanrichey42 Master
                                  And what do you want me to say....I installed the file and my receiver is not responding..I tried all available commands on the remote....is it better like that ?

No, the README file specifically asks you to answer 6 questions:

1.   Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Power button ?

2.   Did you give the Power command plenty of time to react ?  (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down)

3.   After completing the setup (regardless of whether the Power button worked) do any of the other buttons work ?

4.   Have you used a Digital Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button ?  (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster through the viewfinder while you tap a button.  You should see a white (not red) flash)

5.   Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster ?  On some devices this is critical so don't give up too quickly.

6.   Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote ?

I was just asking you to that.  Until you have answered those we don't know if the codes are correct or not.

I think you should read again my post I am asking for somebody who could help me to make my own file because I already heavily surched for a matching file or device.

I know you are trying to help but please don't assume I didn't do any research before ! Because I did.

Unfortunately I am not psychic so I had no way of knowing that

I just need help to make a custom remote file . Thank you
                                  http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Create_Custom_Remote_Controls_and_use_them_on_your_Slingbox