3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2012 9:20 AM by fisk RSS

power and network lights do not function

fisk

after upgrading my slingbox i received the last component today to adapt my catv cable - my old slingbox had a screw on fitting for the cable - the new slingbox has a usb port in it's place - none of the instructions on the website changed this problem - even unplugging everything but the power cord did not make any lights illuminate

• Re: power and network lights do not function
          Apprentice

Hi fisk,

It seems that you are having some issues with your Slingbox SOLO since it does not show any light up.

This issue seems to be related to a faulty power adapter. However, I recommend you to check the following article and follow the included steps:

Troubleshooting Slingbox SOLO streaming and network issues

Hope this helps!

Regards.

fisk

already changed the power supply  - still no connection light - had this problem witht eh first slingbox - they need to wpend more than 50 cents on this component - i believe that the problem is the usb port that slingbox changed to is this unit versus the coaxial fitting on the old box - $75 spent on fittings and cables to adapt to this new port did not solve the problem - how do you plug the tv cable into a box with no fitting?  i'll send it back next week if this is not resolved as the unit supplied as an upgrade is not comparable to the unit it replaces

Apprentice

This explanation makes more sense. The main issue is that you were using the Slingbox Classic which has a coaxial input / output for the coaxial cable that comes from the wall. Your new Slingbox model (Slingbox SOLO) does not offer the coaxial input / output and instead of this, it offers you the option to connect a set top box (cable box or DVR) using either the Composite (yellow) or the Component (red, green and blue) cables. Obviously, they will not accept other connection than the ones they were designed with.

Regarding the USB port on the back of the Slingbox SOLO, it has no current usage and due to this situation, it is not necessary to connect anything on this specific port. If you do not own a set top box, you have a couple of options: either get a Slingbox Classic through the Internet (they are no longer available as new units) or get a Slingbox PRO-HD (which offers you the chance to use the coaxial cable that comes from the wall) since this model has a coaxial input / output.

Finally, if the Slingbox SOLO does not react to the new power adapter, that means that your Slingbox SOLO is a faulty unit. If this is your case, I encourage you to give us a call. We will apply some troubleshooting steps in order to determine what the issue is and how to fix. 

Hope this help to clarify any confusion you may have and also to make a decision about what Slingbox to get.

Regards.