1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 7, 2012 2:02 PM by ranaleon RSS

sky remote failure then Network and logo flash 5 times

stp06lac

Hello,

My slingbox appears to be broken.  It's a slingbox classic.

This morning the screening appeared to be working but the remote wouldn't work.  I reset the box after trying everything to see if there was some update.  Now the network and logo flash 5 times and pause for a couple of seconds continuously.  I've tried all the things i can find on the website including resetting my box and router and nothing works. 

I've found previous posts about this too and there are no answers from sling except for try resetting which i've done.

Anybody help, thanks.

• Re: sky remote failure then Network and logo flash 5 times
          Apprentice

Hi stp06lac,

It seems that you are having some issues with your Slingbox Classic since it does not keep a steady network light.

Even though you have already applied some of the most common troubleshooting steps, I recommend you to check this link and follow the included recommendations:

The Network light on your Slingbox blinks or turns off

If you follow the instructions and the issue persists, I recommend you to give us a call as soon as possible since this issue might be related to a faulty power adapter. The following link will provide you with the contact information, just make sure to use the information located on the right hand side of the screen to select the options for your country:

Contact Sling Media Support

Hope this helps!

Regards