6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2012 11:36 AM by Randyperkinson Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Low volume on iPad and no volume on iPhone

Randyperkinson

We have had SLINGBOX Solo since September. My husband and I each have iPhones and iPads. All of our devices have worked fine until two days ago. Now our iPads and iphone volume level is very low. I have made sure the volume is up on each device and we are updated. What's going on????

• Re: Low volume on iPad and no volume on iPhone
          Apprentice

Hi Randyperkinson, this article below may help you with your issues with the sound.

Don't hear any sound? Can't adjust the sound? Here's what to check

Regards.

Randyperkinson

As stated in first post, we tried everything suggested. No volume still on iPad and very low volume on our iPhones. Also, we are running latest firmware and are up to date on app updates.  Guys, we really think you have a problem. Please review again and offer another resolution other than the volume control on my home button and/or the mute button on the slingbox control.

Would love to get this resolved otherwise we spent a lot of money for nothing.

Randyperkinson

Your suggestion has not helped.  Please review this problem.  I have purchased slingbox for two iphones and two ipads.  Each device is having the same problem.  Pressing the home key, which brings up the volume control on the ipad, is at it's max. Still very low volume!!! If I press volume up or down on the menu my screen goes to "On Demand".   On my iphone my volume is all the way up.  Volume level is poor.  Furthermore, Slingbox on our MAC's have the same issue.

Please have some member of your staff take a serious look into this matter.  In the meantime, I must give a poor rating to a very expensive app.

Randyperkinson

Our problem is now solved!!!!!!  JP, with Slingbox helped us solve our problem.   First he made sure the sound cables were working by asking us to disconnect the old ones and connect another set of sound/phono cables.  Having done this, we found the problem still existed.  Next, JP asked that we connect our Slingbox to another device, such as a DVD player.  Once connected to the DVD player JP found that the sound cables, and DVD device were in working order because he was getting sound. So, our problem was Comcast's cable box, the outgoing connections weren't working. So, we pulled the old unit out and returned it to Comcast for a new box and EVERYTHING IS AGAIN PERFECT!!!!  Thanks for working with us Slingbox, now pass this information on to other users.

Time to resolve: 5 weeks