7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2012 1:40 PM by eladalon Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Unable to connect. Error: 0x92340011

frimer

Hi

I have just reinstalled Windows 7 and have now download the Sling desktop software. When I try to connect, it comes up with this:

• Error: 0x92340011
      • Context: 20
      • Operation:1

I have also tried the web player plug-ins for both Chrome and FireFox and it gets as far as where is says: auto connecting to "name of my Slingbox" and then nothing happens. It eventually says: There was an error connecting to your Slingbox. Please try again. Do you want to retry?

I can connect to my Slingbox from my Ipad without any problems and I have tried installing the software on my brothers Mac and was also able to connect to my slingbox without a problem. I guess this means that there is nothing wrong with my Slingbox or the internet connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Re: Unable to connect. Error: 0x92340011
          Apprentice

Hi frimer,

It seems that you are having some issues with your Windows 7 computer since you cannot get the connection to your Slingbox.

First, we do not recommend to keep on using the SlingPlayer software (which is no longer developed). Therefore, we recommend you to go to www.slingbox.com and go to "Watch". If the issue persists, the root cause could be your computer. The fact that your Slingbox allows the connection from other different devices (i.e. iPad) means that the Slingbox is working fine and the issue might be related to your Windows 7 computer. With this in mind, I recommend you to check the following link in order to verify if your Windows 7 computer meets the requirements for your Slingbox SOLO:

Tech Specs for the Slingbox SOLO

Hope this helps!

Regards.

frimer

My system is well within the tech specs. It is a fersh installation of win7 32 bit. Disabling the firewall does not help either.

Does the slingplayer software have an error log I can look at to try to find the problem. What exactly is Error: 0x92340011?

Does the players use  any external frameworks (eg. .net, flash, silverlight) that I could be missing?

I understand that other people have the same problem so this is not just a problem with my windows installation.

frimer

I have been looking into this problem today. After comparing the logs between PC and MAC I think that I have come a little closer to what the problem is. It seems to be related to the "Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder" specifically the win7 version of this codec.

I have been using the web puig-in in Chorme and Firefox for testing. A "hack" to get it playing seems to be to delete the "WSPConfig.INI" file before launching the web player.

Could someone paste the content of their WSPConfig.INI in this thread as I didn't do a backup before starting messing with the settings.

You can find the file by clicking what used to be the start button (left bottom corner) and write "WSPConfig" in the search field. Right click it and select "Open file location". I suggest backing up the file before deleting it.

After deleting the file go to watch.slingbox.com in either Firefox or Chrome.

The file has to be deleted every time you want to watch as it reappears.

Can some report back if they have success with this and Sling people please forward this to the appropriate people so a fix can be made.

E92Vancouver

I have the same problem. The embedded Slingplayer application in Facebook does work for me though now. Give it a try, I had to buy a new Slingbox Solo to use this work around. Unreal!!!!

eladalon Newbie

Any one out there?