4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2012 8:06 AM by dispencer RSS

connection options

Danafo

Hello, I have a slingbox solo. It is not near the router. I live in a two family house and the floor the slingbox is on is on a differnet fuse box thant the floor with the router so the slinglink does not work. do I have any other oprtions? Thanks in advance for your help. If you need any other info from me I am happry to give it to you!

Dana

• Re: connection options
          Danafo

I have and extra pc I could put next to the slingbox. I could then connect the pc to the wireless and plug the slingbox into the pc. Will this work?

dispencer Novice

You could use a wireless bridge (also known as a gaming adapter).  I use a Netgear WGE111 but there are many alternatives available.  If your router supports 802.11n then better to get a gaming adaptor that supports that -- you'll get better speed and range.  Connect the gaming adapter to the Slingbox using an ethernet cable.

Danafo

Thanks so much for the response! I got iot working! I use an Apple Airport Extreme wireless router. I then bought a Airport Express, plugged it in next to my slingbox. It hooked itself up as a base station pretty much automaticaly. Works great! I have a couple other questions now on watching it but Ill post those seperate. Thanks again for your help!