2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2012 1:44 PM by benyamen Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Android based viewer suddenly not working well.

ddhorst

My Sony tablet worked great with the Sling Player until recent.  Now, it plays fine for two or three minutes usually , then says, "Connection failed . Please make sure your phone or Android device are connected to the Internet." Signal strength is strong, and I didn't used to have this issue.  Was something updated that I didn't know about?  Or, is there supposed to be an update that I missed?  How do I know?  My version of SLING MOBILE is 1.3.

• Re: Android based viewer suddenly not working well.
          Apprentice

Hi ddhorst,

It seems that you are having some issues with the SlingPlayer for Android Tablets application since the connection lasts less than five minutes and then drops.

Although you have provided some information, we need further details. We recommend you to be as specific as possible about the issue you are having. This way, other forum users will be able to help you with accurate information. Does this happens when using the Wi-Fi connection? When on 3G network connection?

In the mean time, I encourage you to check the followig article:

A slow Internet connection at home can affect picture quality

Hope this helps!

Regards.

• Re: Android based viewer suddenly not working well.
              benyamen

I'm having the same kind of problems.  "Connection Error" message every couple minutes and having to reconnect.  My Wifi signal is strong but I still get these connection errors on my home network.  If I'm viewing over the internet on another network there's no problems.  My HTC Hero running Slingplayer for Android Phones works fine on my home network so it's not a network problem I don't think.  Help?

Motorola Xoom MZ604 - WiFi only

3.2 OS running Slingplayer for Android Tablet

Slingbox SoLo