9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2011 8:55 AM by Mavni RSS

can't connect through home network

homerun11

Recently , my Sling player on my laptop stopped wroking.  I t has worked fine, even after I upgrated to Windows 7. Sling player works fine from  computer at my office  and also on my ipod touch at home.  I  get  the "there is a problem connecting to the sling box".  Error code 0x92340011, unable to render a vido stream.   I have rebooted the cable router and home router and rechecked all the router settings (port forwarding set up, 5001, both and correct  internal IP address.  I am able to ping the router.  When I go through the setup process, the video properly streams in the preview window.  But when I exit iut stops.  Router is a Linksys  wrtg54.  Any suggestions?

Tom

• Re: can't connect through home network
          ArizonaSackbut Apprentice

Hi Tom,

I think 0x92340011 is a time-out error.  Regardless, it sounds like you're having a problem with your laptop, not the Slingbox or router.  Do you have a software firewall running on your laptop ?  I think you might, and that it's very likely the stinker.

From your description, here's what we can reasonably assume:

Your Slingbox is working.  If you can run setup and at least one other computer can reliably and consistently sling in, it's fine.

Your home network is working.  The iPod Touch wouldn't be able to sling in otherwise.

Your router and internet service is working and properly configured for remote viewing.  You can sling in from the office.

Your cabling and physical setup is working.  See all of the above.

That pretty much leaves your laptop, and this smells like a firewall.

If you take your iPod Touch and your laptop somewhere that has an open public wifi hotspot, try watching Slingbox there with both devices.  If the iPod gets in and the laptop doesn't, it's definitely a firewall.

Hope this helps !

- Az

marcelomintz

Hello,

i just have the same problem error 0x92340011,it was working fine ,never changed anything,any other sugestions,thanks Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

For you, is it happening all the time / everywhere / on different computers ?

It's hard to say if you're having the same issue or not.

Homerun11 had pretty much isolated the problem to his laptop from what he said in his post.  Pending more clues and info, I still think it's a security program or software firewall blocking things on that one computer but I could be wrong.  Regardless, I'm quite certain the problem is on the laptop whatever it turns out to be.

I'd suggest you start by trying to sling in from a different computer at home, see how that goes and we can take it from there.

Good luck ! 

- Az

homerun11

Thanks, AZ.  My problem was solved surprisingly with just a reboot of the slingbox, after the reboot of the routers.  Doesn't make sense to me, but I will take it.

If it's working, that's what counts.  Good to hear it's up and running now, and with such little effort !

Rebooting in that order restarted the router's DHCP functions before the Slingbox came asking for an IP.  Perhaps there were other things going on, but that makes good sense to me.

Happy trails,

- Az

.com

hello,

I'm wokring offshore just now and I'm trying to access my slingbox but there is a connection fault.  I've been operating the slingbox for about 2 months now but just before going off to work I tried add a Slingcatcher to my network.  All I did was connect the slingcatcher to my router where the slingbox is connected but due to the little time I had I never got it working.  After doing this it seems that my slingbox is knocking me off the internet as when getting the slingbox disconnected from my router the wireless internet works fine.

I've got my mother to go round to my house and reboot the slingbox - (which never worked) then my router.  After rebooting my router the slingbox worked but soon after I lost communitcaiton again.

I hope someone can help

Regards

.com

Raed1235

I am still having the same issue here with the same error. Strange is that I can steam with my iPhone just fine.

I cannot view locally using any PC or outside my house. It is not a Firewall problem other wise my iPhone will not be able to sling thru 3G.

I have reset the Broadband router to factory, reset the Slingbox to factory, assigned an IP to the Sling MAC address and tried the default ports or even changed to other ports like 443. I even removed the Slingplayer software and reinstalled from scratch, it just will not disaply view and at the end it will through 0x92340011 error. I have tried this with Install assistance and at Slinxbox.com. The player and website can detect my box and I can manage it, but when I try to connect to stream vidoe I get this error.

This is defnitly something wrong at the Sling server side not allowing me to view Video, or an issue with Player software. I am not sure, I have not changed anything and it used to work for few months.

So far the suggestions to turn off the router, turn off the slingbox, reinstall the software, disabled Windows XP firewall and Antivirus software..NOTHING IS WORKING.

It puzzels me that I can still view video with NO ISSUES using iPhone 3GS, and with both WIFI and 3G. I am not sure what else I can do here..!!

I have still few days left to return this box..it is a SlingBox Solo if anyone cares!!

dwhiting56

Any resolution here? My Slingbox has been working just fine for almost two years. Yesterday it suddenly stopped. NOTHING has changed in my system or home network.  I'm only running within my home, so the router firewall shouldn't matter, though it is still set correctly. I have tried this on two different computers, both of which have been working with Slingbox forever. I rebooted the router and the Slingbox. No luck. Help!

I can ping the Slingbox just fine, and it connects, but no video ever starts. The Slingbox is found and shows up when I do Slingbox discovery. Does anybody have any ideas?

Here is the descriptive text when I click on "Tell me why":

========================================================

An error occurred, tell me more...

Error: 0x92340011
                                          Context: 46
                                          Operation:1

Looks like there's a problem:

A property isn't loaded.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x1234000a.]

SlingPlayer didn't load the property. It might not be supported in this version.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x1234000b.]

A state change is needed for this property to work.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x1234000c.]

The operation failed because of an invalid value type.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x9234000a.]

The operation failed because of an invalid value range.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x9234000b.]

The operation failed because of an invalid enumeration value.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x9234000c.]

The operation failed because of an invalid value.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x9234000d.]

The operation failed because of invalid IP address.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x9234000e.]

The operation failed because a property is unknown.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x9234000f.]

The operation failed because it was taking too long to finish.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x92340011.]

The Slingbox has reset the connection, which disconnected SlingPlayer.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x923400dc.]

There's no network connection! SlingPlayer couldn't connect to any Slingboxes. Check the network cables and settings to make sure that everything's connected and configured correctly.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x923400dd.]

The operation failed because of an invalid IP address.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x923400de.]

The operation failed because the message is too big.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x923400df.]

The Slingbox Locator Service is temporarily unavailable. SlingPlayer might not be able to locate your Slingbox if it's outside the network you're using. For workarounds and more information, use the Need more help? links.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x923400e0.]

There's been an HTTP communication error. Check your network, firewall, and router settings.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x923400e6.]

There's been an HTTP communication error. Check your network, firewall, and router settings.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x923400e7.]

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x923400e8.]

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x923400e9.]

Incorrect proxy settings have caused a communication error. Check your network, firewall, and router settings.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x923400f3.]

Incorrect proxy settings have caused a communication error. Check your network, firewall, and router settings.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x923400f6.]

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x923400f8.]

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x923400fa.]

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x923400fb.]

0x923400fc HEX code error

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x923400fd.]

The Slingbox is already in use, so SlingPlayer didn't connect to it. Try connecting again in a few seconds.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x92340104.]

There's no connection to the Slingbox.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x92340105.]

There's no connection to the Slingbox.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x92340106.]

The Slingbox session didn't end.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x92340107.]

The Slingbox is already in use, so SlingPlayer didn't connect to it. Try connecting again in a few seconds.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x9234010e.]

SlingPlayer didn't start.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x9234010f.]

There's been an error inside the Slingbox, so if video streaming stops, just try connecting again.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x92340131.]

The entry can't be changed until you specify an alternative entry that's valid.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x92340133.]

That's not the correct password for this Slingbox. Check that you've selected the correct user type (admin or guest), then try typing the password again.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x92350002.]

This version of SlingPlayer is not compatible with the firmware installed on your Slingbox. Try installing the latest version of SlingPlayer, available from the Sling Media website.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x92340154.]

The Slingbox Software upgrade has failed because the selected update file is the wrong one for this Slingbox. Please check the Sling Media website for Slingbox Software that is compatible with this Slingbox.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x92340140.]

SlingPlayer couldn't get a response from the SlingPlayer Locator service.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x9234014a.]

The Slingbox can't be located.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x92340108.]

The renderer is already open, so SlingPlayer couldn't start it. Please try again in few seconds.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x92340118.]

The renderer hasn't yet been started, so the operation has failed.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x92340119.]

An earlier seek operation is in progress, so the current seek has failed.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x9234011a.]

The clipping operation has failed. A previous clip is still in process.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x9234011b.]

The operation has failed. A stream buffer is not available.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x92340122.]

The operation has failed. The stream buffer isn't initialized

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x92340123.]

The stream buffer can't start because your computer is running low on hard disk space. Free up some disk space and try again.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x92340124.]

The Slingbox Software update failed because the selected update file is damaged. Try downloading the file again, then retry the firmware update.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x92340155.]

Failed to post message

The operation has failed because of an invalid interface.

Failed to load DLL

Failed to get method in the DLL

Failed to get required property

Failed to get broadcast response

Failed to get network interface configuration

Failed to get the asynchronous result

Failed to get the asynchronous data

Failed to queue item with the Slingbox

Failed to encrypt the Slingbox message

Failed to send the Slingbox message

SlingPlayer is going stop trying to connect to the Slingbox now. If SlingPlayer is already connected to the Slingbox, it's going to disconnect.

Unable to connect to the Slingbox. Please check your network, firewall, and router settings

There's been a communication error. Please check your network, firewall, and router settings.

There's been a communication error. Please check your network, firewall, and router settings.

There's been a communication error. Please check your network, firewall, and router settings.pt

The Slingbox Locator Service is temporarily unavailable. SlingPlayer might not be able to locate your Slingbox if it's outside the network you're using. For workarounds and more information, use the Need more help? links.

Failed to start streaming from the Slingbox

Failed to start the renderer

Failed to start the stream buffer engine

Failed to seek to specified location within the buffer

Failed to create clip

Operation failed while trying to update the firmware

Operation failed while trying to enable remote viewing

Mavni

I had the same issue

I cannot connect from a specific computer on my LAN

My Office PC is working great, and so is my Android phone

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, on a Q9300 w/ 8gb

I tried EVERYTHING!

I tried reseting my router & SlingBox to factory defaults, tried uninstalling-cleaning the registry and reinstalling

I tried every solution i found on the net

I would like to mention that there are MANY ppl with this issue, but there are very little solutions, none of the creative ones came from Sling crue...

All they are saying is "Check for firewalls"...

The only thing that resolved this issue was REFORMATTING!

It was a good oppertunity too switch to SSD anyway...

The problem was solved, but then it happend again!!

So I tried one thing no one mentioned, I restarted the "SlingAgentService" service and VOILA!

My TV is working again!

I donno what will happen next time I restart,

But i'm trying to be optimistic...

So you might wanna try that

First close Sling Player

1. Click Start

2. Type "services" and press enter

3. find "SlingAgentService" on the list

4. right click on the service and choose "Restart"

5. Close the Services console

6. Run Sling Player

7. Enjoy!