2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2012 12:49 PM by Fofo RSS

My Slingbox disconnects every minute or so

Geofffrom63

It connects fine, but then it loses the signal after about a minute and I have to connect again.  Then it reconnects and then the same thing happen again.  Anything I can do to stop this?  It happens over the internet but also when I connect from my home network.

• Re: My Slingbox disconnects every minute or so
          Geofffrom63

more info, thisis the error message when it disconnects

An error occurred, tell me  more...

• Error: 0x923400dc
          • Context: 0
          • Operation:3

Looks like there's a problem:

The Slingbox has reset the connection, which disconnected SlingPlayer.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x923400dc.]

Here are some possible reasons why this happened. This information may help you  troubleshoot the problem
          The operation failed because of invalid state
          • Re: My Slingbox disconnects every minute or so
            Apprentice

Hi Geofffrom63,

For this type of issues that you are having with the Slingbox PRO-HD, we need to get more information about the configuration, the connections and the network's bandwidth. Is the Slingbox hardwired to the router or are you using a bridge? If the unit is hardwired, confirm that the Ethernet cable is no longer than 7ft long. What's the download/upload speed at home? You can use this link to test that: www.speedtest.net

Meanwhile, I recommend you to Reset the Slingbox, confirm that the unit is not on top of a hot surface like the Set-top box and then run the Setup at Slingbox.com.

Let us know how that works.

Regards