2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2012 12:21 PM by ranaleon RSS

Old Time User

VAMickJ

I have a perfectly capable Slingbox Pro.  Works great for all my needs when used with a computer on the road.  Just got a new Android phone after not using the slingplayer on a mobile device for a long time. Had a webOS phone and was holding out for the sotware... Oh well.  That's a dead story.

1. Is the Player for android phones compatible with my old Slingbox?

2. Is there way to save $30 by somehow transferring the Slingplayer software license I had on my old Palm, which I then transferred to my Windows Mobile phone, to the android?

3. When using the upgrade program must both Slingboxes be at the same physical address?

Thanks for your help.

• Re: Old Time User
          VAMickJ

Well seems once I asked these questions, the software search finally gave me suggestions of "like" items that were useful and answered questions 1 & 2.  (not that I like the answers, though)

2. Is there way to save $30 by somehow transferring the Slingplayer software license I had on my old Palm, which I then transferred to my Windows Mobile phone, to the android?

3. When using the upgrade program must both Slingboxes be at the same physical address?

1. Appears, that while it may work, they won't support it.

2. No, because they would be bought from different marketplaces. Palm/windows directly from Sling and the Android version from the Android marketplace.  There's lots of other people complaining about this, too.

Still looking fo answer on the upgrade program details.

• Re: Old Time User
              Apprentice

Hi VAMickJ,

It seems that you have some questions about the Slingbox PRO.

Short answer is yes. Make sure to check the following link:

Devices and Requirements

No, it is not possible since they run over different OS and Mobile platforms.

Can I move SlingPlayer from one handheld to another?

No. You only need to gather the "old" Slingbox serial number in order to enter it when processing the order for the new Slingbox through the Slingbox Upgrade Program.

Slingbox Upgrade Program (US)

If by any chance you get an error message when entering the Slingbox serial number, make sure to enter "X20" just before entering the serial number.

Hope this helps!

Regards.