6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2015 6:09 AM by bmopitz RSS

Power Light Blinking

cshah4

Hi,

My Slingbox Solo Power light is blinking. My Slingbox is about 2 months old. I have read that it might be due to a bad power supply? but thats really bad quality control if my power supply goes bad in 2 months.

Any other suggestions? How do I get a replacement power supply? Is it covered under warranty?

Thanks

• Re: Power Light Blinking
          Novice

Hi cshah4,

I noticed that you are receiving a blinking power light on your Slingbox. As you mentioned, the issue can be caused by a defective power supply unit. If your Slingbox is within the warranty, we will be able to send you a replacement AC adapter for free.

Use the following link to gather our contact information:

Contact Sling Media Support

I hope that helps!

dankent

Hi,

Seems like a common thread, but here goes...

I've had my slingbox solo for a year and three months... And I now have a blinking power light and nothing else, despite multiple resets. I've followed the guides, what are my options?

Doesn't seem right that I pay £130 for a bit of kit that only lasts 15 months.

Dan

Apprentice

Hi dankent,

For this network issues that you have with the Slingbox SOLO, I recommend performing all the steps that you can find here:

Troubleshooting Slingbox SOLO streaming and network issues

Regards

dankent

I've tried all suggested, no success.

To be clear, it's the power light blinking, not the network light.

When I remove power and plug back in, the light blinks straight away. There's no network searching or anything else. Reading around this seems to be a known problem with either the charger or capacitors in the solo. How do I confirm this? And what help will Sling provide...it's only 15 months old!

Dan

Apprentice

I recommend you to get a new power supply first, that could be the root of this issue.

bmopitz

I did that and it did not help me either. I wish slingbox would just come right out and say "when the power light blinks and no resets work, the device is broken" instead of having us continue to mess around with it and buy new power supply cords. Not sure why the slingbox cords go bad when I don't seem to have any problem like that with any other electronic devices I own. I am looking into alternatives that are better constructed and a company that doesn't charge $30 for support over the phone.