1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 14, 2012 4:52 AM by colinf99 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Unable to reset Slingbox Solo with reset button

colinf99

Want to connect to a new router and FAQ state to reset solo with reset button on back of box.  Tried pushing button for the required 5 sec period (and tried lots of other durations) but unable to get power light to blink or the "sling" lights at front to come on.

Any other suggestions on how to do a hard reset of the Solo?

Thanks.

• Re: Unable to reset Slingbox Solo with reset button
          colinf99

Problem sorted with a new AC power adaptor.  Unfortunately I ended up purchasing a replacement sling box solo as I thought my original slingbox was toast when could no get it to hard reset and only 1 red light was showing (after 5 mins connected to original power supply). Put a voltmeter on the original P/S and all seemed well and I tried other power supplies that I had in house before ordering a new slingbox but they did nothing - suspect that slingbox is very dependent on getting the correct dc power input.

In short problem traced to a faulty (for what ever reason) to a dc power supply.  Buying with a new slingbox solo makes for an expensive replacement P/S hence lesson learnt so hopefully this note will avoid others making the same mistake.