1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 25, 2012 10:03 AM by ranaleon RSS

Video Perfect, but Audio is choppy

onlinespending

I just got a Slingbox Pro HD and have it connected to my cable box via component video and SPDIF audio. I have tested playback both locally and remotely, and on the website player, the Windows desktop player, and the Boxee Box player. Video is superb. But I seem to have audio issues. Usually the sound starts off just fine, but a couple minutes (or longer) into watching the audio becomes choppy (it's unbearable) while the video remains smooth. Bandwidth is not an issue, as this occurs both locally and remotely (where I have over 5Mbps anyways). I will try and use the stereo audio instead of SPDIF, but I'm curious if there's more to why this is happening. Thanks.

• Re: Video Perfect, but Audio is choppy
          Apprentice

Hi onlinespending,

It seems that you are having some issues with the Slingbox PRO-HD audio signal since it becomes choppy while the video signal is quite good.

As the first step, I recommend you to apply a Windows Update (for audio codecs) in order to determine if this is the root cause for this behavior. If you want to avoid the update by any reason, I encourage you to test the connection on a different computer and let us know how it works for you.

Regards.