1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 10, 2012 8:30 PM by chakkarinen RSS

The remote on my PC changes the main sat box channels

malashk

During viewing my Sat box, changing the channels on my PC changes the channels also on the main box. This is not allowing two viewers to have access to different channels on the same box. I know that the Slingbox –HD has an internal tuner, do I need to get a coax cable and connect that as well to acquire channels? How many and can it be selective if it is not a large amount of channels.

Thank you

• Re: The remote on my PC changes the main sat box channels
          chakkarinen Apprentice

The internal tuner on my Slingbox HD requires that the incoming cable signal be split (with an RF splitter) BEFORE going into my standalone cable box.

The one (and only one) coax cable coming out of the standalone box then goes to my TV (to allow the watcher of the real TV to watch all cable box-supplied channels).  The other coax cable from the RF splitter then goes to the input port on the SB, and the SB's internal tuner then scans for whatever channels are on the coax cable.   If you MUST have your channel signals come out of a satellite cable box, and that box is not designed to deliver two channels simultaneously (say, one channel to "output port 1" and a second channel to "output port 2", then I believe you would need to have a separate satellite cable box for the TV AND a separate satellite cable box for the SB.