3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2012 2:17 PM by ctyboy RSS

Can't connect anymore

Weylman

I am in a hotel. I have been able to connect just fine. Several days ago something happened, i can no longer connect with my iphone or ipad, although my laptop works just fine. Please help

Message was edited by: Weylman I did nothing, and suddenly it's working.  What did you do Slingbox?

• Re: Can't connect anymore
          SaveAslave

It's the same here. My computer works fine But I can not connect using my iPad or iPhone.

The iPhone wants me to log in with a Email address and Password, My email nd password has not changed but it don't login.

My iPad wants me to go to "set up Internet viewing"

Apprentice

Hi Weylman,

It seems that you are having some issues with your Slingbox since you cannot get the connection through your iPhone and iPad.

The fact that you can get the connection on your computer means that the Slingbox is working fine. In this case, I recommend you to test the connection using a different network. If the issue persists, you will need to contact someone at the Slingbox location and run the Setup Assistant for Internet Viewing after resetting your Slingbox. Just make sure to use a different port number than the one you are using right now. The following links will provide you with the steps to follow:

How to reset your Slingbox to factory settings

Manual Setup for the Slingbox PRO-HD

Hope this helps!

Regards.

ctyboy

Same problem here, from Singapore.  Slingbox connected to TWC in California.  Suggestions to change my settings or check my network connection aren't very helpful as the box has been working for months with these same settings.  This just happened two days ago and I cannot connect to the box.

Fwiw, a similar problem happened about 6 months ago and after several back and forth emails it turns out SlingMedia had some sort of system failure affecting everyone with the Pro-HD box.  It sure would be nice to have a system status link or notification resource so we could at least know if something like that had occurred.

Any clue if the Can Not Connect error now is being caused on the Sling end?  Again, I've made no changes to my settings or system and this box has been connected and working remotely for several months.

-- D